Google Announces Death of Google Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I actually really like Wave. Too bad I don't know anyone else that has an account. Google really needed to push for higher adoption rates to get it off the ground. Classic chicken/egg scenario.

adikos

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
i remember being invited to join it but never followed through with it. at the time i think i was confused what it actually and assumed it was some other social networking thing i wouldnt really use. integration into the google homepage or into gmail might have worked better. i dont go crazy with buzz but i have used it on occasion, so i agree that they just didnt push it enough for many people to even try it.

maybe they should have sent me a reminder saying i was eligible/invited to use it and maybe re-explain what it was.

either way, too late now. /wave

azcoyote

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Google's idea to create apps people can use on the cloud is great.

Google's implementation of said and the fact they have WAY too many apps to conceive is the crux of their problems.

Focus on adoption of more of the mainstream apps Google.

ncarlson

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
I remember I had to get an "invite" from someone who already had access to use Wave. Even after that, I only looked into it once.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]I actually really like Wave. Too bad I don't know anyone else that has an account. Google really needed to push for higher adoption rates to get it off the ground. Classic chicken/egg scenario.[/citation]

I really like it, too. :(

G

Already from the beginning I saw an article of how these guys inventing it, said it would take over the world, like google maps did.
I knew they where wrong.
This only proves it!

There's value in google maps, not in google wave.
To an extend, facebook allows us to be updated with just about the max we can handle.
Anything more is just too complex for the user.
And if even the google wave inventors could not convince the journalists, how can they convince us, who did 'no' research about it at all?

brother shrike

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
I didn't use it that much, but it was awesome for collaboration. I did a lot of school projects in groups with wave. The problem was getting the computer illiterate people away from IE6 and onto firefox or chrome.

FATAL STR1K3

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
I really liked the Wave. I have only been using it for about a month but I thought that it was a great idea. I think the concept is great and I hope that they do add it to gmail. It is really efficient imo.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
Perhaps they should have done a little integration into Gtalk. Like, if I could see what was being written, as it was being written, I feel I'd be wasting a lot less times waiting for a reply in an IM.

Status
Not open for further replies.