Question Google Assistant Hey Google voice command setting keeps switching off within a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterYoda327

Estimable
Feb 2, 2021
I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G smartphone using Android Version 12. I use Google Assistant with my smartphone, Google Home Speaker and Samsung Galaxy Watch 4. I have trained Assistant to recognize my voice and it works with my voice commands. However, recently the tab in the Google Assistant settings that controls the Hey Google function switches itself to off within a couple of days of enabling it and I have to go to Assistant settings to re-enable it. I have done this two or three times already. I have looked at some of the troubleshooting steps online, but I doubt most of the possible causes are causing my problem. The Hey Google voice setting seems to work on my Google Home Speaker and Google Assistant works when I press the home button on my Galaxy Watch 4 smartwatch. With my smartphone, I have to press the on screen button to activate Google Assistant and then go to settings to re-enable the mentioned Hey Google setting for voice functions. Other than that, Assistant seems to be working properly on my smartphone. I have checked the battery power saving mode on my smartphone and it was already switched to off. I also have done phone shutdowns and restarts which did not help. The only other possible cause that I can think of is a conflict of response to my voice commands when my smartphone is near my Home Speaker. I recently found an article that was published late last month and it states Android users of the Google Pixel experiencing similar problems with Google Assistant (Google Assistant 'Hey Google' or 'Voice Match' not working (piunikaweb.com) ). As a safety pre-caution, I have already applied a backup on my smartphone's included Google One backup option, which to my understanding backs up my device settings, text messages, contacts, and calendar (you can correct me if I am mistaken), in-case I have to factory reset my smartphone. I want to avoid unnecessary headaches when it comes to trying to fix a simple problem. Is there currently an Android-wide issue affecting the Hey Google setting within Google Assistant, that I just mentioned? If yes, has Google provided a fix or estimated timeline for a fix? Or has the cause been discovered and a certified correction approach been released? If you know of any other solutions that could fix the problem, I would appreciate that as well.

Thanks in advance.

MasterYoda327

Estimable
Feb 2, 2021
I did some research online and went ahead and did some troubleshooting steps. The troubleshooting steps that I have taken include, making sure Google Assistant and Hey Google are enabled, smartphone is connected to internet (and rebooted the smartphone), checked if other people are having similar issues, checked language settings, checked the smartphone’s microphone (obviously was picking up my voice), checked that battery saver mode was off (it appeared to already be off by default), checked if update was available for Google app (no update was available), and retraining assistant to recognize my voice. I also did another backup on the smartphone for items such as apps and device settings as a safety measure in case I have to factory reset my smartphone. Right now the Hey Google feature is responding to my voice, but if the problem happens again, I just wanted to state in advance that I already performed the mentioned troubleshooting steps. If the problem arises again, I will update this forum, but if my problem is an Android-wide problem and anyone else is aware of it or has any useful confirmed fix for my problem, I would appreciate that information.

Thanks again in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.