Google Audio To Compete with Apple iTunes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
its google so i hope its light weight, simple and fast.
google is taking over computers, which is making everything cheaper, but hopefully they dont have some evil plan to put prices on everything once everyone is using them.

search, ad's phones, OS, music manager, email, docs, calendar now what else do they need, cheap but awesome mp3 player? their own computer line? pretty big area of market

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
oh and hopefully it syncs with EVERYTHING :D
google usually makes everything compatible, so if you can sync your PHONE, your MP3/iPod, calendar, email, whatever else, it will make this very appealing to everyone. itunes sucks cuz if you want music on a non iphone, you have to use some other program to put music on instead of using your already managed itunes. ugh fuck apple

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]ubernoobie[/nom]If the price is also 99 cents-, it will make itunes alot less appealing as itunes is bloatware[/citation]
I hope that google undercut that by displaying a small text google ad or something!

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]acecombat[/nom]I hope that google undercut that by displaying a small text google ad or something![/citation]

Search for Lily Allen and get an ad for utorrent :D

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
The one complaint I have about my iPod (120GB Classic) is how iTunes manages my music :( I have nearly 400CD's (not sure of the exact number but its a large collection) and I like to keep them organized on my computer in my own way. It took me allot of time to organize them how I wanted them (ripping them took a little time too) I was lucky in that I had all my music backed up on another hard drive as iTunes totally destroyed my file structure... Once I got it sorted out to not allow iTunes to manage my music I find that it manages my music on the iPod itself :( I guess its Apple's way or the highway when it comes to organizing my music, I have all but given up on using it in all honesty. I tried some free software to manage it but apparently what I ask is impossible with todays tech... (I just want my folders reproduced on my iPod so I can pick a folder and hit play...)

So please who ever is working on this for Google if you could add that simple function do it! (I know it is not the external software that is responsible and that my firmware on the iPod itself is probably the one doing it but arrgghh)

I even tried to put iPod Linix on it only to find out that my model is not compatible (but if it was compatible, it does do what I want.... *cries*)

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
It should be interesting how this all works out. I've used iTunes and didn't like the format nor did I like how much it would take over file formats. I do like marketplace and the Zune software because my music is automatically organized so that I don't have to do it.

So with Google creating it's own software/marketplace it should be interesting how it works. Being that they are becoming more like Microsoft but with open source they should support the other players. However what's from stopping Apple or Microsoft from blocking them with a hardware update.

Status
Not open for further replies.