Google Bans SMS Text Spying App From Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Why would you be in a relationship where you don't trust the other person to the point where spying on them becomes a viable option?

keanooo

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
[citation][nom]r0x0r[/nom]Why would you be in a relationship where you don't trust the other person to the point where spying on them becomes a viable option?[/citation]
You'll be able to answer that yourself once your balls drop.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
But the comments are certainly funny...... just imagine if something like this could come up, oh I bet there's tons of other stuff, they might have up their sleeves....... something like spycams, eve's audio or etc etc.....

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]keanooo[/nom]You'll be able to answer that yourself once your balls drop.[/citation]
It takes bigger balls to man up and break up with someone you don't trust instead of being a girl and spying on them. Seriously, if you have to spy on a girl that's cheating on you you are pathetic!

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
I'm glad this is gone. I hope something doesn't replace it. If someone put that on my phone, they'd have a SWAT team at their door (oops, sorry, meant to say he only spied on me, I don't recall saying that he was extremely dangerous).

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
i will get negitive for this, but it must be said.

do text messages ever have something of importance attached to them? i don't txt because its hostly the most retarded thing to ever happen to phones, o you have a phone, you can now talk cross country instantly, o you now have wireless talk instantly, now go anywhere instant talking, now you can send a message to them instead of talk and it costs you 20X what it would to just talk.

to text messages ever have anything of significants, or are they all "i

Djhg2000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Scott2010au[/nom]This app breaks so many laws it isn't even funny.[/citation]
Actually the tool isn't illegal if you use it yourself on your own phone in order to distribute every message from your phone to your other phones.

It's the user breaking the law, not the app.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]r0x0r[/nom]Why would you be in a relationship where you don't trust the other person to the point where spying on them becomes a viable option?[/citation]

Devils Advocate: Evidence to prove infidelity in divorce court.

Although, I agree with you. When a person is considering spying then there is enough doubt there to have a serious talk with your partner, or get ready to break up. Ultimately, I don't see the need in spying.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Why does everyone assume you have to be installing it on your significant others phone? I could see this as being a decent tool for parents to use if they thought their kid was doing something they disapprove of.. Although, why a kid you dont trust has a phone to begin with, I dont know..

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]WhySoBluePandaBear[/nom]At the same time, what do you have to hide at any rate? Yes, spying on someone is sorta wrong, but if you're 100% innocent and aren't doing anything wrong, then you should have nothing to hide and it shouldn't bother you.

However, if you get mad and get caught with your hand in the cookie jar a few times...then I can see why you'd react to the fact that your significant other spied on you. They basically caught you doing stuff you weren't/aren't supposed to be doing.

If people weren't such scandalous, cheating, back-stabbing dogs like they are today, we wouldn't have these problems.[/citation]

I don't have anything to hide but I would get upset and the relationship would be over if the person I am with decides to spy on me. Having something to hide has nothing to do with not wanting someone to check your private things, it's about trust, if you don't trust me enough and are paranoid enough to think of spying then just leave cause you're not worth the time.

If you feel something is wrong, confront them or leave them but don't break laws (invasion of privacy is illegal BTW) just to find something out. That much paranoia will destroy the relationship whether it is true or not anyway, so why stay? Just leave and move on.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
It would be funny if both partners suspected each other of spying and when installed the app on both phones... I wonder how bad the text message loop would go until the phone provider cut off the text messaging services to the phone for flooding the network with a closed loop of forwarded messages lol

doogansquest

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
To the devil's advocate who made the divorce court comment:

It wouldn't PROVE that someone has been, or is cheating. It only reveals that people have been talking about it. Why? Because CONTEXT can't be proven, only CONTENT. A person (or both persons involved) could simply say it was a fantasy, or an inside joke, and the courts would have to weigh that.

It absolutely doesn't prove infidelity. I know, because I watched a company incapable of firing two employees engaged in an extramarital affair in the work place (in an office, no less, which is why they were being terminated) because they claimed the email exchanges were simply a joke. No matter how vulgar, descriptive, and real it sounds, people can simply deny context and get away with it.

Eventually, the employer just had to deem their discussions work-inappropriate to enforce disciplinary action, but they were unable to terminate their employment because of arbitration defense from a union rep. In a court of law (dealing with divorce), a good defense attorney will chew up the "text proves infidelity" case.

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
I know of a couple of cases where this might've been useful on an employees phone. A company can have records of every email an employee's sent through their email system, why not messages sent from the employer-owned cell phones?

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]keanooo[/nom]You'll be able to answer that yourself once your balls drop.[/citation]
We have names for people like you, but probably too inappropriate for this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.