Google Blocks Free SMS iPhone App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I don't see how this is 'evil'. Google is keeping it's competition in the mobile OS market from benefiting from their services. Why would you let a competitor get a parasitic benefit from your work?

[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]being evil to an already evil company makes you good. DONT YOU KNOW THIS? i think its newtons fourth law or something..[/citation]
No, that's Netwon's 7th. Newton's 4th law is freedom of expression.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Text messaging is such a rip off. It costs companies essentially nothing to provide and they make an absolute fortune off of it. I refuse to pay for it. I'm guessing eventually the government will get invoved and prevent companies from price fixing. Twenty cents a message is ridiculous and it all goes to profit.

I feel sorry for the million or so people who have some useless software on their Iphone.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]mrubermonkey[/nom]What ever happened to not being evil?[/citation]
Are you talking about the users of InfiniteSMS? These people were sending SMS messages for free on their end, but whoever they were sending them to had to pay to receive them. Imagine if your friend got this service and started sending you hundreds of txts a day. How much would that have cost you? A minimum $15/month if you have an unlimited txt message plan, otherwise possibly lots more.

Quite frankly, the idea of someone spamming my phone with SMS messages that cost them nothing is scary. I think Google (and Yahoo and anyone else) should discontinue all SMS services. Leave SMS on the phone.

G

Cell providers just need to stop charging for SMS which costs them nothing. I was thinking about getting an iPhone and asked it texting is part of the unlimited data plan. Why wouldn't it be, right? It'd be a 0.000000001% of the total data bandwith. Well, no, it's an extra $20/mo on top of the $30/mo data charge. No thanks. I'll stick with talking on my phone.

G

There is a new app called iText on the app store that is even better than Infinite SMS! It can send and receive free text messages all around the US but also to more than 50 countries around the world. Plus, you can send photo text messages! Even infinite sms couldn't do that!

Check it out at www.bocosoft.net

shahriarhkhan

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Every one having the same problem regarding hiding or locking text messages on iPhones. Recently I downloaded a program from http://faketexts.com/ and it hides the iPhone SMS button and replaces it with a fake one that you can edit. Basically it doesn’t show all the girls I am talking to.

Status
Not open for further replies.