Google Brings Games to Google+

Status
Not open for further replies.

casperinmd

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Who cares. It is not in your face like FB, that is the point here, give all the crap you want to Google +, just allow those that want to keep it clean and use it how we want, an option. They did do that.

Andrei24

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
[citation][nom]Dyseman[/nom]F###![/citation]

and who are you exactly, the centre of the universe? if you've stopped using it does that mean nobody else around you will ever use it again?

I for one think that Google's decision to not allow everyone to join from the beginning was stupid, as people already have a choice in FB.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]andrei24[/nom]I for one think that Google's decision to not allow everyone to join from the beginning was stupid, as people already have a choice in FB.[/citation]
Do you even realize Google+ is in a testing phase? Going public while it is unfinished and with bugs would have been stupid.

Some people just need something to complain about. They complain Google+ isn't yet public, yet if they had gone public without games and bugs fixed they'd be complaining about that.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
I think it's nice that they added games in such a way that it doesn't clutter and ruin the experience. I only recently got an invite and so far am loving it. Also I played Angry Birds for the first time there, since I don't own a smartphone.

chronicbint

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
[citation][nom]casperinmd[/nom]Who cares. It is not in your face like FB, that is the point here, give all the crap you want to Google +, just allow those that want to keep it clean and use it how we want, an option. They did do that.[/citation]

You mean just like facebook then.....

doorspawn

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]Do you even realize Google+ is in a testing phase? Going public while it is unfinished and with bugs would have been stupid.Some people just need something to complain about. They complain Google+ isn't yet public, yet if they had gone public without games and bugs fixed they'd be complaining about that.[/citation]

I'm not into either site, but I see it slightly differently.

There are highly willing early adopters. They will mostly be the ones driving people to G+. Their motivation will likely peak early on. The "shiny new" view of G+ will fade, and if that happens before G+ is public, making G+ a success will be far harder.

I don't think there's much that couldn't have been tested without masses of public participation, although public testers are cheapest. Stress tests can be automated. Quality intelligent testers can find most bugs.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]doorspawn[/nom]I don't think there's much that couldn't have been tested without masses of public participation, although public testers are cheapest. Stress tests can be automated. Quality intelligent testers can find most bugs.[/citation]

You can't automate 20 million accounts of user activity, and I'm not aware of any testers that could possibly simulate the tests needed to fully stress something as massive as a completely new social networking site. Google plus's popularity, despite being in just a testing phase, is proof they are doing things the right way so far. If they weren't doing things the right way it would be as popular as Google Wave. That's not to say they couldn't do better, but testing is always a requirement of any massive project. I'm sure their engineers aren't getting a lot of sleep right now!

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
All game related crap stays in its designated section of G+. Not only that but I can ignore all the annoying people this section will bring by putting them in the correct circle and muting it (or mute them individually.)

I think they did a good job with the games section; I just hope G+ catches on with the mass public.

Status
Not open for further replies.