Google Brings Voice Actions to Android Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

So were all going to need to sound like him... that's innovative

G

I downloaded it today and it works pretty good for me. I was able to send text, e-mails, work navigation, call contacts, and even request to listen to Led Zeppelin! A few times it said "connection error" and I had to do it again, but I found it pretty accurate. Maybe it's just my accent. And you can't have to much noise in the background. I'm impressed! I have the original Motorola Droid with 2.2. Not rooted.

jeraldjunkmail

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Hay Jane, can you find out more about this for your readers? Is it cloud based or does the processing happen in the phone? Does it have the capacity to learn your voice? Dragon naturally speaking can run on very low spec machines, (1ghz intel, 1gb ram for the full PC app, a phone version would be less) so these are both possible. It is open source, so perhaps in the future... Any more technical details you can let us know about?

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Wait, he said he sent the text message totally by voice with no typing, but yet he clicked on "Send" with his finger.

Am I missing something here...

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
The "say 'I want to talk to a customer representative' or press '0' if you want to talk to a customer representative" thing on several company's phone system is the most annoying thing ever.

Why do I want to waste so much time listening and talking to a machine when it can just tell me to press 0 for customer rep? It also forces me to talk in monotone like the Google guy here.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]tsnorquist[/nom]Wait, he said he sent the text message totally by voice with no typing, but yet he clicked on "Send" with his finger.Am I missing something here...[/citation]

So I guess anytime you say you drove to a place you are wrong as you had to walk to your car first.

You fail at being witty.

jojesa

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]Wasn't ready maybe?[/citation]
I think isn't even ready just yet...they should have waited.
I'm kind of confused, since it doesn't work as smooth and straight forward as shown in the video.
Maybe I need practice...a lot of practice.
I even tried speaking like him

konjiki7

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
Works great on my Motorola Droid. On a side note I've always used voice text before i had Froyo. I guess I'm the only English speak droid owner. And no i didn't talk like dude in the video....

konjiki7

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
[citation][nom]blopdak[/nom]I'm confused, I have a Motorola Droid and I've been using these features since I got the phone...[/citation]
This is different then the voice search the comes with the phone. This is voice action....

Status
Not open for further replies.