Google Buys reMail iPhone App, Takes it Off Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Great for Google and remail, I guess. Bad move though to discontinue support and have users stranded. I know MS wouldn't get away with it and Apple would get lots of hate mail too. Let's hope Google stays sane. Seems like they're going the wrong way. (Just when I started to think about Android to be on my next phone.)

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Wow, Google has done a better job destroying Apple in the past months (or even weeks)than Microsoft in 15 years. The end of the iPhone era is coing very quickly.

marcusmurphy

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]Google: "Apple, your apps are belong to us!"[/citation]
The correct connotation would be:

All your app are belong to us!

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]Spanky Deluxe[/nom]Looks like the dark side of Google is beginning to show.[/citation]

Dark? They are doing this in retaliation for all their apps that were banned from the app store! I support google in this decision, Apple shouldn't get away with their arbitrary anti competitive bullshit!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
500MB is a sliver? My phone has 8GB of space and only 7.08GB is actually available to me. 500MB is 14% of all available space on the device; that's hardly a sliver.

sp991

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2008
I think this move is bordering on evil. It's at least hateful.

But I'm not dissing Google. I think it is a good business strategy move.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
This is no different than when Nvidia bought Aegia for the PhysX technology. I think it's retaliation for Apple pulling Google off the default search for the Safari browser in Macs, iPods and iPhones. There are always consequences in life for each decision made. Both parties will live or not live with the decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.