Google Chairman Doesn't Want Spot on Obama's Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
"Does not want" != "Wouldn't take a position if offered it by Obama" Can't count how many times I've heard of people doing a job they didn't want, but did it anyway out of a sense of duty or personal favor.

/libertarian

Ananan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I'm sure he doesn't want the hassle of having his financial past delved into, or give up his big money job for that matter.

Nowadays big business has more say in how the government is run than a cabinet minister anyway.

misterkay

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
"Thus the government would save money by reducing the number of employees required to run the mega-agency by 1,000, saving an estimated $3 billion over the next decade." I would love to see more stuff like this done. I feel for the jobs lost, but WE are paying for this.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]misterkay[/nom]"Thus the government would save money by reducing the number of employees required to run the mega-agency by 1,000, saving an estimated $3 billion over the next decade." I would love to see more stuff like this done. I feel for the jobs lost, but WE are paying for this.[/citation]
Well, Gov. projects are always late and over budget and we pay for those as well. Those "savings" will be spent elsewhere given the Gov.'s track record so far.

As for Eric Schmidt NOT wanting a Gov. job, at this point I don't blame him given the budget problem the US currently has and the pain in the butt process that it is to even work for the Gov., let alone the magnifying glass you and your past are put under. It's not always what it's cracked up to be. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.