Google Chrome does not work on my pc...

rasheeq

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
hello.

google chrome has stopped working on my pc suddenly, for no reason at all. it says :

chrome.exe - application error.

the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). click ok to close the application.

if i restore my system to an earlier date, it works, but only for a few days. then the same problem occurs. i've noticed that this happens after i've played some specific games like BLUR or PES 10 or BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2. so everytime i play one of these games, i have to run SYSTEM RESTORE to make chrome work. but this cant be a permanent solution. and i've also niticed that this problem does not occur on anyone else's pc.

please help!! i really hope someone will give me a solution...:)

rasheeq

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009

yup. i've even tried installing different versions of chrome.

and no...i don't force chrome to use any compatibility settings. i use windows 7 btw...

nettogrof

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010

Well i see its telling you there is an error at the memory address 0xc0000005. Also, editing compatibility settings shouldn't change a thing. Chrome is 100% compatible with all versions of LEGAL WINDOWS 7 COPIES. Try this.. install chrome again-->uninstall chrome-->install ccleaner and do a registry scan and fix-->delete all chrome files in appdata (windows 7 c:\users\yourusername\appdata\ and delete all chrome entries in c:\programdata-->try defragging your memory (google search software that does this)-->reinstall chrome. Thats a simple way of doing it, i dont think i should give out information on editing the registry manually, unless you know what you're doing. It could also be a directx problem interfering with memory addresses for google chrome so looking that up may also help. Try clearing your flash cache too.

deathadderprateek

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
i am having the same problem. i installed adobe flash player which crashed my firefox every time. so i uninstalled it. but still the problem persists. i think this adobe thing did something messy.