News Google Chromecast Ultra 2 release , price, design, specs and more

May 9, 2020
Slight correction for you. "The Chromecast Ultra first gen uses a phone to play content." Actually, you can use a phone, tablet (I realize it's really just a big phone), computer or with a smart home device just say 'Hey Google, play NBC on Living Room TV' (with Youtube TV), 'Hey Google, play Lady Gaga Applause' (from Youtube), 'Hey Google, turn the Living Room TV off'. You really undersold the first gen device as it does a lot more than just play things using your phone as a remote.

May 9, 2020
Our zrhG4m8L5NZ2HmZMMUhUPme to the Chromecast Ultra 2 release , price, design, specs and more news and rumors about Google's new streaming device
Google Chromecast Ultra 2 release , price, design, specs and more : Read more

1) Typically, I find the stories in Tom's Guide to be informative, useful, and helpful.
So let me say upfront: "I am a fan, and thank you for a valuable resource."

2) This story published Friday May 8, however is an exception, and one that is frustrating.
There in an inherent promise, a hook if you will, there is actual news & information including the "release date, price, & specs.

3) This is intended as constructive feedback.
The article reads as if a bot simply plugged in to article, and was automatically published.
If so, that's a problem because I am not a bot. Not about to be a bot, but rather a living, breathing human.

On the surface, this is simply a matter of annoyance to a reader.

However, the more significant issue is it undermines the trustworthiness of other material on Tom's Guide.
How many times will a person be misled by a promise (the headline) then realize they've been duped (the story)?

For simplicity, here is a comparison of the promised information, and what was provided.

Headline:
Google Chromecast Ultra 2 release date, price, design, specs and more
By Kelly Woo a day ago

Intro - Paragraph 5:
We've got all more rumors and news about the Chromecast Ultra 2, including its release date, specs, price, the remote and more.

Sub-head One: Chromecast Ultra 2 release date
" The release date for the Chromecast Ultra 2nd gen is very much up in the air.

" 9to5Google reported that it was slated to be available this year. But everything has been turned upside down due to the pandemic....
" An announcement... may have been made at Google I/O 2020.... [in] mid-May [but was] canceled due to coronavirus....
" [Launching] Chromecast Ultra 2 this summer... may not be feasible due to supply chain problems.

Sub-head Two: Chromecast Ultra 2 price
Just like there is no confirmed release date, there is not much to report on the Chromecast Ultra 2's price.

Sub-head Three Chromecast Ultra 2 design and specs
Not much is known about the Chromecast Ultra 2's specs,