Google Confuses Users with 'Googlle' Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

snurp85

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
Google has always changed how their logo looks, changing font or adding additional pictures to it. Its almost a weekly event. Why is this all of a sudden surprising people? Aside from wondering what prompts each new design, why are people so confused and worried about new google images?

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]Honis[/nom]Maybe they hired a Tom's Editor to review the spelling before publishing the logo.[/citation]
Thats funny man!

cdillon

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
The HTML TITLE tag on the Google doodle images tells you what they're all about. In most browsers you just hover your mouse cursor over the image and it'll show you the image title text. I remember with the UFO doodle it said something like "H.G. Wells Birthday". I missed the "Googlle" one but it probably said something like "Google's 11th Birthday". There's no mystery here.

foody

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
This literally just proves how stupid some people are. Is it that difficult to hover your mouse over the image and veiw the alt text that states what the reasoning behind the image is? I mean, 95% of the time that's all you have do with their logos.

intelliclint

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
The title or alt text did NOT explain what the double L was for. I saw it and even clicked on the doodle but it didn't go to a page that explained it.

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Honis[/nom]Maybe they hired a Tom's Editor to review the spelling before publishing the logo.[/citation]
At least theirs is not as bad as BigDownload's grammar and spelling.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
In leet speak l can represented by the number 1.

In most fonts they are usually only a few pixels different, 1 ,l.

Google had a leet speak language for its homepage, but I am failing at finding the option.

(This post has been translated to English from leet speak).

fortmccubble

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Honis[/nom]In leet speak l can represented by the number 1.In most fonts they are usually only a few pixels different, 1 ,l.Google had a leet speak language for its homepage, but I am failing at finding the option.(This post has been translated to English from leet speak).[/citation]

I believe this is what you're looking for? http://www.google.com/intl/xx-hacker/

Seriously though, this stuff is a result of more people finding their way into the magical window of the internet and being stupid as usual.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Doesnt anyone ever hover over the logo? If you just plant your mouse on the logo it tells you whats so special about it being changed every time.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
LOL! That was pretty damn funny!

bootleghooch

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
[citation][nom]intelliclint[/nom]The title or alt text did NOT explain what the double L was for. I saw it and even clicked on the doodle but it didn't go to a page that explained it.[/citation]
It did when I saw it. Just had to hover over the logo.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.