Google Gets Green Light to Buy, Sell Electricity

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Yay, Google Electricity to power you Google Nexus One or your computer running the Google Chrome OS using your Google 1gbit internet access.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Smart move; I can see a couple of wind towers that will supply all the energy needs and sell the surplus back to the grid.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]False_Dmitry_II[/nom]God, with all of that could it be any more obvious that google's real name is skynet?[/citation]

Exactly what I was thinking lol
Next headline:
Google acquires metal foundry
Google buys AMD
AMD creates advanced learning CPU
Google buys various chemical companies

You are the resistance.

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
They can repackage it and make profit because as long as NIMBY gets in the way, there's going to be a shortage of green energy and who do you think will wrap it up and sell it? Google!

c4v3man

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Are they saying they want to buy "green energy" in markets where is it more expensive than non-green energy and sell it for the same cost as normal electricity, effectively subsidizing others using "greener" energy?

And why is it that "green" energy refers to power generated from non-co2 emitting sources, when an increase in co2 results in greater plant mass, thus is more green? I understand that soot and other actual pollutants are bad for the environment, but wouldn't the best end product for plant life be co2 which would then feed additional plants?

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]False_Dmitry_II[/nom]God, with all of that could it be any more obvious that google's real name is skynet?[/citation]

Except that their terminators would be fighting against Apple and Microsoft rather than humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.