Google Goggles Lets You Search by Sight

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
A new reason I'm going to switch to a DROID. :)

I'm not sure how much practical use this will get, but I imagine it will provide plenty of fun.

Impulse Fire911

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
yes! a german or norwegian and a indian soudning guy! foreigners are always the ones who bring the best technologies. i wish i hada job at google...i'd fit riiight in

tortnotes

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
Spiffy. But I bet the GPS store thing is going to be buggy or inaccurate, and visual search is a new technology. I'm curious to see how many landmarks it will actually recognize--as far as I know, visual search engines are very limited by what they have to compare to. If you find some crazy new camera angle, it might not know what you're looking at. Lots of possibilities here.

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
google, another step closer to ruling ze world...

Wonder how much they are investing in to this? With all the maps and photos and video already on their site, it must cost alot to store images?

G

also a step towards facial recognition surely.. Well, the FBI don't want to work on it any more.. 1984?!

G

So, you're saying I can now type goggles into google using goggle with a picture of goggles... sounds AWESOME!

G

*uploads photo of nuclear waste*

"The goggles do nothing!"

p.s. This reminds me a lot of the system used in the anime `Eden of the East`. Users could upload a photo to the community, which would then identify the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.