Google Introduces Buzz-kill Link to Gmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
as much as i love google... i don't think they will be successful in penetrating this market... unless they buy off one of the bigger companies, or one of the bigger companies mess up royally [facebook, i'm looking at you... keep those crappy updates coming mark, you'll lose everything]

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]...one of the bigger companies mess up royally [facebook, i'm looking at you... keep those crappy updates coming mark, you'll lose everything][/citation]
Dude you are so right! The more updates Facebook has, the less logical and natural the layout is becoming. I adapt to change quite well when it makes sense, but it seems that key people at Facebook have either been replaced, "retrained" or have lost all interest in proving their users with a quality experience.

gayan

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
keep the updates/changes coming Google.... I am willing to give BUZZ a chance as long as they keep innovating, adding new features and addressing concerns promptly....

I for one like google for all these new products/services. It may seem like a lot of new stuff too soon, but compared to a nothing & never approach, I prefer innovation.

Who knows, maybe one of these(BUZZ, WAVE, ANDROID,CHROME, CHROME OS, GOOGLE DOCS, 1 GIG BROADBAND etc ) will be the next big thing that we will all love and use.

G

"Google has also added a Buzz tab to settings in Gmail."

No such thing in my gmail settings.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
As a heavy Gmail user I don't like this crap and turned it off along with chat. The article is correct, it is in fine print to turn these two items off. I still like Gmail (Not the social networking) the best and it has the best spam filter I have ever seen.

HVDynamo

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
[citation][nom]alanman[/nom]This is a good thing, but many of us are asking...WHERE IN THE HECK IS THIS SETTING TO KILL IT???[/citation]

An excellent question, I spent the last 20 minutes looking all over Gmail and Buzz settings to find the kills switch to no avail. Google needs to stop being so open with peoples personal choices. Any, and I mean ANY new service like this should be purely opt-in only. I just waisted 30 minutes of possible productive or fun time trying to turn off something I didn't want in the first place. Google better get its act together or it will be losing me as a customer.

Lozil

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2008
I feel like it will be another Fail from Google.... Going the 'Wave' way..... Buzz is bit too complicated when we compare that with Twitter.. Buzz gives too many options result of which is a confused end user who Likes his Good Old Twitter Better.

shurcooL

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2007
What's complicated? You just type your thoughts and hit the post button.

Plus it's already in your Gmail, no need for a Twitter account. It's just a question of how many Twitterless-but-with-Gmail people there are out there. Probably not as many as Gmail-and-Twitter people.

azcoyote

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Buzz is too little, too late, and the worst implementation of new a feature I have ever experienced. Turning on all the "following" features without asking me if I wanted to opt in was downright asinine. Making it extremely difficult to disable at the outset was even more ridiculous. Google really wants a piece of Facebook but I can tell you, despite the new crap interfaces being added to FB, I have no reason to switch to Buzz. Especially since they started off their new product by violating my privacy. Google Buzz = EPIC FAIL.

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
@ thejerk dude, if you read the article you would know that all that does is hide Buzz, it does not disable it.

Regarding all the comments about there being no "Buzz" tab in the settings, the best I can determine is that if you read the blog post, it reads "Third, we're adding a Buzz tab to Gmail Settings.", operative word being "adding" which indicates it is not yet implemented.

I have been using Gmail since it's inception and have never had a complaint...this whole Buzz fiasco has really soured me though. I have never ever had SPAM problems all the years I have been using Gmail and no sooner then this Buzz crap gets released, I am inundated with 20-25 SPAM messages every freaking day.....it's enough to make me consider ending my use of Gmail....seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.