Google Launches LGBT 'Legalise Love' Campaign in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nesto1000

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
Finally someone big with a lot of power and influence doing something!
If anyone tries to boycott google, good luck! Google is everywhere.

burmese_dude

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Not to be outdone, Apple promptly responded with "Illegalise Samsung Phones and Tablet." Apple spokesman said "not everyone may agree with our message but we do this from the bottom of our heart."

G

yay. because if people hate governments caring what you do in your bedroom, megacorparations arent anything as bad.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]seymoreassses[/nom]yay. because if people hate governments caring what you do in your bedroom, megacorparations arent anything as bad.[/citation]

CAring about what you do in your bedroom and such would be making it illegal as they have. Making it legal is showing that they don't care about what you do with your life and you are free to do what you will within the confines of the law.

Sure it's a fine cause and everything. But I think companies should stay out of politics. Unless it directly effects their business. For Google that would be stuff like net neutrality, censorship free internet, stopping the patent wars and so forth.

Otherwise use that money for research and development.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]kawininjazx[/nom]Yahoo should one up them and let people marry animals.[/citation]
I don't get how you think marrying another legally consenting human adult is somehow equivalent to marrying non-human animals

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
While I would certainly like to see equal marriage, it is more important to get African and Middle Eastern countries to stop imprisoning and killing LGBT people.

nss000

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
"CAring about what you do in your bedroom and such would be making it illegal as they have. Making it legal is showing that they don't care about what you do with your life and you are free to do what you will within the confines of the law."

And the **law** (last 8000 years) says that marriage is a contract between a man and a woman assuring property rights for natural born children.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]burmese_dude[/nom]Not to be outdone, Apple promptly responded with "Illegalise Samsung Phones and Tablet." Apple spokesman said "not everyone may agree with our message but we do this from the bottom of our heart."[/citation]

To be frankly fair the article has nothing to do with Apple, so bringing it into the discussion emanates inferiority complex.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]nss000[/nom]"CAring about what you do in your bedroom and such would be making it illegal as they have. Making it legal is showing that they don't care about what you do with your life and you are free to do what you will within the confines of the law."And the **law** (last 8000 years) says that marriage is a contract between a man and a woman assuring property rights for natural born children.[/citation]
Actually, no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_same-sex_unions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage#History_of_marriage_by_culture
Also

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]nss000[/nom]And the **law** (last 8000 years) says that marriage is a contract between a man and a woman assuring property rights for natural born children.[/citation]

I wasn't aware that the entire world has had a single legal system for the past 8000 years. I sure hope you aren't referring to any fairytale storybooks.

Anyway, that's great Google. Push for gay rights in...Singapore and Poland? Shouldn't you start with the country where you are primarily based? I don't think that country has nationwide gay marriage yet. Guess it's easier to tell the neighbors how to act rather than fix your own family's problems.

altriss

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
[citation][nom]nss000[/nom]"CAring about what you do in your bedroom and such would be making it illegal as they have. Making it legal is showing that they don't care about what you do with your life and you are free to do what you will within the confines of the law."And the **law** (last 8000 years) says that marriage is a contract between a man and a woman assuring property rights for natural born children.[/citation]

I hardly see how you can assume "8000" years...As the oldest known texts are from 2600 BC, it's make 4500 years ago... So 8 000! But maybe are you a future world major Historian because of your discovering of an ancient text from 6000BC about marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.