Google Launches VC Funding Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

bornking

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
I have a perfect business for them. I am in the solar industry and wish they would pay attention to the small guys with big ideas on how to save money in this industry!

We (small guys) think big, and I think Google knows that best.

Airrax

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
[citation][nom]bornking[/nom]I have a perfect business for them. I am in the solar industry and wish they would pay attention to the small guys with big ideas on how to save money in this industry!We (small guys) think big, and I think Google knows that best.[/citation]

I hope it involves black silicon...

Anyway, to me this does sound like a good idea. Google, although they seem almost Big Brother like, seems to have a vast interest in furthering technology vs. furthering their pocketbook. I'd rather have an investor worried more about advancement over pure return.

bornking

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
It does not involve black silicon as we do not require any particular solar panel technology for our business model. Any high efficiency solar panel will do, including CPV such as SolFocus.

I emailed them a polite note asking if they are interested in future talks but will not tell them details without an NDA signed!

Neither should any of you give away details without signing NDA's!

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
Makes me want to email them a bunch of schemes about generating legitimate traffic and making money off of adwords. Something tells me they wouldn't be down with that. :)

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]You should email ventures@google.com if you have an idea that you'd like them to provide venture funding for.[/citation]
Ou! you look .... prepresentable. Single by any chance?

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
Because looking like I do, in the industry I'm in, I'd have to settle for a man that refers to me as presentable? Hard luck mate. I'm afraid it takes a higher class of compliment to win me over.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Because looking like I do, in the industry I'm in, I'd have to settle for a man that refers to me as presentable? Hard luck mate. I'm afraid it takes a higher class of compliment to win me over.[/citation]
I'd be able to offer such required higher class of compliment by all probability, but I am too honest to hand out compliments that I'd have to invent. Let me get to know you though, and I'm sure I'll find something more appropriate.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
As appealing an offer as that is, I reckon I'll have to pass on the basis of self-respect and being too lazy to think of a better response than this. Sorry. :)

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
self respect?
u know - the video that tuan (I think) posted the other day said that 1 in 8 people in the us married last year met on the net - I dunno if it's true, but what I do know is, that there's an ad in german tv (dating site) claiming that 1 in 6 pairs met on the net ... ; I don't believe that last number, but I'm sure there are more than is obvious, though I know no german pairs that met on the net.

Anyway. should you change your mind, my profile will probably be around for a few more years, unless best of media shuts down too that is :)

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]self respect? u know - the video that tuan (I think) posted the other day said that 1 in 8 people in the us married last year met on the net - I dunno if it's true, but what I do know is, that there's an ad in german tv (dating site) claiming that 1 in 6 pairs met on the net ... ; I don't believe that last number, but I'm sure there are more than is obvious, though I know no german pairs that met on the net.Anyway. should you change your mind, my profile will probably be around for a few more years, unless best of media shuts down too that is[/citation]

Luckily, I'm not American. Living in Dublin, that statistic doesn't apply to the likes of me. :p

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Luckily, I'm not American. Living in Dublin, that statistic doesn't apply to the likes of me.[/citation]
I know that - otherwise I'd not have said anything in the first place. America's too far away, and americans often too arrogant for me to like it. Plus british and irish sounds a lot cooler than mac donald talk.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
be that as it may, both types of english sound cool - and I understand neither irish or british local language at all (stuff like welch), so to me ireland and england are similar enough. But ye, I know there's been some hostilities for a long time. Probably since rome withdrew their forces from england, or even earlier. Not that I'm too familiar with history, but I have seen a few knight movies and some bbc history now and then :)

Anyhow, our company sometimes send it students to xerox in dublin for a practical experience of computer stuff, and I don't recall anyone complaining about street fights between irish and their neighbors ... so it's harmless really to compare you and them. But sure, if you compare two you insult both. Guilty.

goryachev

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
JMcEntegart, neiroatopelcc, guys, maybe you should take it offline.

As to google, I think it's great, that google gives changes, and buyouts are probably written in the contract. If not, no one needs to sell nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.