Google Looking for Head of Social Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicklasd87

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I don't think google needs another way to collect information on users to sell to other corporations...I certainly won't be using it.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Sounds like they could save themselves a lot of money and just way ahead in the game if they would just hire an average 16-year-old girl for a summer internship position.

obiown77

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
"appropriately humble" are you kidding me?! they took over youtube and RUINED IT!!! youtube was a very upclose and personal social site. Now it full of sex, Stupid music, and stupid comedy, and stupid commercials, they put the people who make them money on the front page, the whole main pages of youtube ae complete joke, and thanks to them the best site in the world , (next to THG of course) was made into slapstick bs.

I honestly think the people who think up googles ideas are good people, and are with good intentions. However, once something google buys or makes gets a big community, it's corporate goon's and greedy investors, take over the decision making, and force anything profit where-ever they can.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]obiown77[/nom]...it's corporate goon's and greedy investors, take over the decision making, and force anything profit where-ever they can.[/citation]
Bastards!! How dare they! I mean, honestly, who do they think they are trying to make a profit! And these investors... bunch of f-ing a-holes! All they do is look for good places to park their 401K and retirement money where it will grow and provide for them when (if) they finally retire. Greedy sons-of-bitches!!
[/sarcasm]

One of these days, you will grow up and realize that all of the technology we love, all of the games, music, movies, gadgets, you name it, exist because at some point someone figured out they could make money with it. They kept making it better and better in the hopes of making more and more money. When they make something spectacular, they make a lot of money. When they make something that sucks, they lose a lot of money. But at the heart of the equation is money.

Lewis57

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
Even if it was a billion times better than facebook, everyones already used to facebook and it does what they need. Theres no reason to change...Unless, you pay us :)

2zao

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
both of their ideas buzz and Orkut have awesome attributes that the others dont... if Google just just pull everything together and combine it with better marketing... i would definitely jump onto whatever boat they are sailing...

jezzarisky

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
I wouldn't mind a new social network to challenge facebook, however, in some ways google would have to change their typical GUI to work with it, it works fine for things like searching and email, but social networks are a different ballpark.

v12v12

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
@obiown77:

Haha you've provided the exact same spin that say Fox news would. There's a big diff between profit for the sake of advancement of technology and providing a REQUESTED service Vs Profit from a 1/2 ass attempt at creating an artificial market through profiling, pressuring and auto-opting-in users.

Ill faded attempts at "Profit" such as, "hey lets start adding new taxes to fund the city budget" Vs "hey lets find and cut out wasteful spending programs, so we can keep more profit."

Google is merely trying to force themselves into an already solidified/over-saturated market. And also deceptively forcing its user base to participate unannounced and unrequested into their FOR mega-profit hoax.

Your spin on overt greed for profit Vs profit from innovation/market demand is laughable. Sorta like "hey the bail outs aren't anyone's fault cept the people that signed up for mortgages they couldn't pay back..."

Vs

"Why did you loan people money that you knew (it's your job to know) might not be able to repay them?"

Profit Vs hedging bets hoping they'll return big... same old hat. Google is "evil" and overtly greedy like every other soon-to-be Mega-conglomerate start up... Why is it that time after time, a small business that starts out with honest intentions, eventually grows, becomes popular and then a hit. Soon follows the corporate vultures and lackeys to infect your honest-biz with the ideals of "more" profit and even MORE profit for "share holders..." yes the mighty and infinitely greedy "share holders" excuse. Since wtf did "share holders" hold more weight than the people enabling you to survive and prosper; THE CUSTOMER > generic excuse of "share holders."

Corporate zombies never learn until they get the pink slip and are out in the bread line wondering "WTF? I did my job helping you rip off customers, where's MY CUT?" Sorry buddy you've out-lived your life as an evil cog in the machine now get RIPPED OFF!

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Buy Facebook and change its privacy settings so they actually make sense. Or your other alternative is to buy MySpace, make it LIKE Facebook with BETTER privacy settings and add to the MySpace karaoke album. I've NEVER had any luck with Facebook apps. At least Myspace never asks me to enter in my cell phone number and spams me all the time like Facebook ads do.

Status
Not open for further replies.