Google+ May Actually Be Competitive, Researcher Says

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Well, even the SHARE bar underneath the article has FB as the first button, and G+ is nowhere to be seen...
The one on top has 2 FB buttons and only one G+, and always G+ is somewhere lost in the middle.
With such "objectivity" from a tech site, no wonder the tone of the article itself... However, I believe I read recently an 'opinion' on this site that bashed G+ into oblivion. Nice to see haters swallowing their own words...

rosstradamus

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
House70, Facebook's 400 million members make a compelling argument for providing more ways for people to use it to share the article. FWIW, I like G+ better, but it's still tiny by comparison.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Well, even the SHARE bar underneath the article has FB as the first button, and G+ is nowhere to be seen[/citation]
Maybe that's because most FB users are too stupid to realize you don't need the button and can simply copy and paste the URL to do the exact same thing.

tuch92

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
I don't know if registrations is a good way to gauge popularity. I know at least 10 people who have made an account on google plus (me included) only to leave it alone once they found out there was no one else posting anything yet. I've had an account for maybe 2 months and I've prolly checked it 3 times at most. There's just nothing worthwhile on it yet.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]Maybe that's because most FB users are too stupid to realize you don't need the button and can simply copy and paste the URL to do the exact same thing.[/citation]
that was my point. Not listing G+ as a main sharing option as well and then complaining that G+ is not as popular is kinda biased, don't you think?

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
I think that Google+ growth is tied to Android Smartphone growth. It is becoming more tightly integrated with Android. You download the Google+ apps and click on them and it pretty much sets up your account. They are adding features like the auto-upload photos and document integration, things like that as they become more feature rich will bring people into Google+ just because its easy.

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
That is amazing. If google's sample had been 10 months long, it would have been over 10% of Facebook. Becoming 10% the size of such a massive network in such a short amount of time is stunning.

G

I'd love to use Google+ as would many of my friends, but most of us are a few months off the joining age.

G

MySpace is still kin the top 10 Social networking sites, beating out Google+, according to Neilsen:

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/online_mobile/nielsens-tops-of-2011-digital/

(Scroll down.)

According to Google's own stats, MySpace is still in the top 100 sites worldwide, ahead of Tumblr & HuffPo. Surprisingly, Reddit is nowhere in sight:

http://www.google.com/adplanner/static/top1000/

Just looking at that list and counting Social networking sites, MySpace comes in at number 5.

G

Can people STOP quoting Paul Allen! Heis method is not even REMOTELY scientific and Google themselves have refuted his numbers TWICE. (And they certianly would not UNDERreport their numbers.

Allen claimed that Google+ had 20 million users in July when it had less than 10. He then claimed they were approaching 40 million when Google said thatt they had less than 20.

He takes a random sample and then uses last names! In other words, he is promoting HIS websites and ignorant and naive bloggers like you keep giving him the free publicity out of sheer stupidity.

st3

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
[citation][nom]lakawak[/nom]Can people STOP quoting Paul Allen! Heis method is not even REMOTELY scientific and Google themselves have refuted his numbers TWICE. (And they certianly would not UNDERreport their numbers.Allen claimed that Google+ had 20 million users in July when it had less than 10. He then claimed they were approaching 40 million when Google said thatt they had less than 20.He takes a random sample and then uses last names! In other words, he is promoting HIS websites and ignorant and naive bloggers like you keep giving him the free publicity out of sheer stupidity.[/citation]

Hey, it is lakawak... THE BIGGEST GOOGLE HATER OUT THERE. How come we can't believe paul but we can you? Back to your Facebook pond.

Status
Not open for further replies.