Google+ May Have Surpassed 10 Million Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I wish Google+ well, I really do. Though, I think that facebook will still remain strong and keep on growing like crazy...I believe half of the reason that Google+ attracted such a big user base so quickly at first is somewhat due to hype...that's just me though. It doesn't have much on facebook besides the feature allowing you to better categorize people you've added/have added you.

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
They need a better way of finding friends.. or I mean... whatever they call them. Games could also help, although I remember hearing something about Google assimilating a developer so they shouldn't be too far off.

Anyway, if you want an invite just let me know. I do require an email address, so if your not comfortable sharing it, don't.

G

bcarm17@gmail.com facebook is dead to me, please if anyone can invite me

G

to be honest google+ isnt that brilliant and i keep finding things wrong that need feedback reports filling out so i doubt facebook are worrying yet

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]toastninja17[/nom]It doesn't have much on facebook besides the feature allowing you to better categorize people you've added/have added you.[/citation]

This is one of the single biggest reasons I love Google+ and loath Facebook. I cant believe how illogical Facebook has always been with the whole "friend" process.

As long a Google+ does not turn into a bonified crap game site like Facebook has I may stick with it. I have to unfriend too many people because of constant spam posting of stupid @ss game invites or bs info about tokens/coins/etc...

G

[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]This is one of the single biggest reasons I love Google+ and loath Facebook.[/citation]

Every actually used the 'Groups' function on Facebook which happens to do pretty much exactly the same as G+'s equivalent tool?

I'm suspecting not.

[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]spam posting of stupid @ss game invites or bs info about tokens/coins/etc...[/citation]

Ever right clicked one of these and pressed "Hide notifications/invitations from [App Name]"? (or however it might be phrased)

I also suspect not.

Know your tools.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]poonab[/nom]to be honest google+ isnt that brilliant and i keep finding things wrong that need feedback reports filling out so i doubt facebook are worrying yet[/citation]
it's in beta smartass.

G

Google+ will inevitably end up populated by all of the pretentious punters that left Facebook because they're paranoid that Facebook is leaking their private (and highly optional) details across the interwebz to the governmentz.

Not necessarily a bad thing! To each their own, but I can't help but imagine that if this does end up being the case then Google+ will end up being the most painfully boring social network that ever graced a web domain.

Da_Man

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
i have tried them, the feature and setting pretty much copied from facebook, still have long way to go before it can compete with facebook

one thing i hate is the randomize user id (and its quite long) and no username support (like facebook.com/username), i know there's an short url service but...

ps: it quite easy to get an invite as once you get get one, you can invite unlimited of times

Da_Man

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
and they doesn't afraid of google leaking their details to goverment?

google is an US based company so if the goverment ask, they have to comply *CMIIW*

[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]Google+ will inevitably end up populated by all of the pretentious punters that left Facebook because they're paranoid that Facebook is leaking their private (and highly optional) details across the interwebz to the governmentz.Not necessarily a bad thing! To each their own, but I can't help but imagine that if this does end up being the case then Google+ will end up being the most painfully boring social network that ever graced a web domain.[/citation]

G

Now just think of all the info google has on you to use for advertisements. You thought facebook was bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.