Google: Navigaton Can Hit iPhone if Apple Allows

Status
Not open for further replies.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Wow... so Google has a clear opportunity to leverage and promote Android with a great new app, and instead they just happily port it over to Apple... a company that bitches when people purchase their software legitimately and try to use it on their own hardware.

I'm happy for the iPhone users (like my sister), and see this as a good thing... but I'm still pretty confused by Google's actions.

dtm4trix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
If Apple does approve of the new service, Google may be forced to develop a web-based version like Latitude.

I have been noticing a lot of gramatical errors recently. Do the editors ever read this stuff? It should read "If Apple does approve the new service"

sabindaman

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
"Verizon locks the GPS out of every application other than the network's proprietary software, VZ Navigator (Blackberry users, you know what we're talking about)."

Verizon has not locked out the GPS on blackberrys for over a year.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]dtm4trix[/nom]I have been noticing a lot of gramatical errors recently. Do the editors ever read this stuff? It should read "If Apple does approve the new service"[/citation]

I've come to the conclusion that there isn't any editing at this site. None at all. 9th grade English students would find these errors in peer reviews, there is no way paid editors are missing them. It's quite sad because even without an editor anyone who claims to be a "writer" should be able to edit their own submissions and correct such obvious errors. Either they don't care to edit their own submissions or they lack the English language comprehension to do so. Not sure which one.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]Wow... so Google has a clear opportunity to leverage and promote Android with a great new app, and instead they just happily port it over to Apple... a company that bitches when people purchase their software legitimately and try to use it on their own hardware.I'm happy for the iPhone users (like my sister), and see this as a good thing... but I'm still pretty confused by Google's actions.[/citation]

I would say that the supposed millions of people who own an iPhone would be a good marketshare. Got to make money to feed your own R and D.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]sabindaman[/nom]"Verizon locks the GPS out of every application other than the network's proprietary software, VZ Navigator (Blackberry users, you know what we're talking about)."Verizon has not locked out the GPS on blackberrys for over a year.[/citation]

They haven't locked the GPS out of HTC Windows Mobile Phones either.

Status
Not open for further replies.