Google: One in Ten Devices Running Ice Cream Sandwich

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
If manufacturers and carriers didn't wait as long as possible before releasing updates, adding in some bloatware and unwanted skins along the way, things would be much better. Sure, slow updates might entice a few people to buy new phones, but most are locked into contracts and don't want to spend more money to upgrade, and besides, slow updates just encourage people to buy a different brand instead. For instance, I had a Canon printer, and it had terrible driver support. Since they didn't want to spend a few bucks supporting it decently, I was forced to replace it - but this time with a DIFFERENT brand! I'll never buy a Canon printer again.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
If manufacturers and carriers didn't wait as long as possible before releasing updates, adding in some bloatware and unwanted skins along the way, things would be much better. Sure, slow updates might entice a few people to buy new phones, but most are locked into contracts and don't want to spend more money to upgrade, and besides, slow updates just encourage people to buy a different brand instead. For instance, I had a Canon printer, and it had terrible driver support. Since they didn't want to spend a few bucks supporting it decently, I was forced to replace it - but this time with a DIFFERENT brand! I'll never buy a Canon printer again.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

maddy143ded

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
the manufacturers are plain stupid...
i cant understand why a run of the mill developer can get ICS running on most phones and the OEMs cannot..they just dont want to update because then people will have fewer reasons to upgrade their cellphones..
and before anyone goes and says IOS is better in this regard . I say a big FU.
at-least i have the choice and developer support to get whatever i want on my phone..

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]slabbo[/nom]ya, stupid carriers hardly ever update their phones. they use updates against us to force a new purchase. If you want the regular updates, Nexus are the phones to get.[/citation]
it's an ugly phone...also feels cheap when compared to the Rezhound...especially the display

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]livebriand[/nom]Dang it... it seems that you have to post the same thing 15 times for it to show up...[/citation]
Only if you want it to show up fifteen times..

Status
Not open for further replies.