Google Ordered to Change Privacy Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

svdb

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
In your state when a cop pulls you over because you were going 130mph, you can't say as an excuse that you were complying with the federal law.
Complying with "European laws" doesn't mean a number of countries can't band together to sue you at "European level" (think of it as the equivalent of a class action).

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]svdb[/nom]In your state when a cop pulls you over because you were going 130mph, you can't say as an excuse that you were complying with the federal law.Complying with "European laws" doesn't mean a number of countries can't band together to sue you at "European level" (think of it as the equivalent of a class action).[/citation]
Actually they can, there are EU laws that override the laws of member states, sovereign nations, the ECHR has allowed terrorists, murders and rapists to live freely and at public expense in direct opposition to the laws of the nations they were in, it sucks but the EU has Europe by the balls. If you thought Bush was bad for stealing an election, these guys laugh at the fact they didn't even have to run a phoney election

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Actually they can, there are EU laws that override the laws of member states, sovereign nations, the ECHR has allowed terrorists, murders and rapists to live freely and at public expense in direct opposition to the laws of the nations they were in, it sucks but the EU has Europe by the balls. If you thought Bush was bad for stealing an election, these guys laugh at the fact they didn't even have to run a phoney election[/citation]

You got that right! The EU is basically a regional cartel imposing its rule over the nations it has gained at the least partial control. The North American Union is very similar by fallowing a similar model as the EU. The EU is one of Hitlers dreams.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Actually they can, there are EU laws that override the laws of member states, sovereign nations, the ECHR has allowed terrorists, murders and rapists to live freely and at public expense in direct opposition to the laws of the nations they were in, it sucks but the EU has Europe by the balls. If you thought Bush was bad for stealing an election, these guys laugh at the fact they didn't even have to run a phoney election[/citation]

And the EU won the Nobel peace prize. =/

G

Eurasia and Oceania. Anyone know when the telescreens are coming out?

svdb

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]You got that right! The EU is basically a regional cartel imposing its rule over the nations it has gained at the least partial control. The North American Union is very similar by fallowing a similar model as the EU. The EU is one of Hitlers dreams.[/citation] That's so funny. :)

svdb

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Actually they can, there are EU laws that override the laws of member states, sovereign nations, the ECHR has allowed terrorists, murders and rapists to live freely and at public expense in direct opposition to the laws of the nations they were in, it sucks but the EU has Europe by the balls. If you thought Bush was bad for stealing an election, these guys laugh at the fact they didn't even have to run a phoney election[/citation] I was born in Europe and lived there for the 40 first years of my life, I've lived there in 3 different countries and have voted several times to elect European representatives of my home country. (I now live in the US because of my job)
I can tell you know nothing about the European Union.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]svdb[/nom]I was born in Europe and lived there for the 40 first years of my life, I've lived there in 3 different countries and have voted several times to elect European representatives of my home country. (I now live in the US because of my job) I can tell you know nothing about the European Union.[/citation]

enlighten us, because as we see it, the EU sucks.
keep in mind that i only look at what they do with technology, and the only time i hear about them in tech is when they do something retardedly stupid.

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
EU laws do not automatically override laws of individual countries. EU does not entirely eliminate sovereignty of the nations.

Once they pass some new law/regulation on the EU level, it usually needs to be incorporated into the law systems of individual countries before it becomes effective (in that country). There are (monetary) consequences for not doing so, however.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
So what else is new? the world sucks? well, we all know about it, yet complaining only wont change anything.
You guys know why there are NO good politicians in general? Becouse noone would sponsor the election of a guy they cannot control.
Its as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.