Google Pixel 6 — 5 reasons to buy and 3 to skip

Oct 24, 2021
Google does not appear to be as impressed with all the 5g Hype as Tom's Guide has been over the past year. And Google is right.
Good question on this modem. But if it is rated to handle wi-fi 6e it likely must be quick enough for paltry, practically nonexistent, overhyped 5G- RIGHT?
Battery harder to gauge and depends on specific usage. Other users reports say battery is great.
Overall the Pixel 6 phone line is the biggest market disruptor this year - Pixel 6 "Phone of the year."
It re-establishes Google while destroying OnePlus, damaging Samsung and challenging Apple.
Google is already winning the price software and usability wars, while standing strong on hardware.
All Google need do for the Pixel 7 is come out with a new Tensor CPU chip that meets/beats Apple.
Ominous signs for those in the dubious paradise AKA "Apple's land of the $14 polishing cloth"
Google has disrupted the cellphone value proposition in one deft, thunderous stroke.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021
Haha hilarious your deluded 5G is overhyped because you don’t have it lol, Pixel has been overhyped still losing to iPhone in pretty much all areas including photography / battery / video / performance etc and this has made zero dent on Samsung who will soon be bringing out the S22 series which will make the Pixel look dated by comparison

Oct 24, 2021
So the phone is just about sold out worldwide -- by accident in your view?
Why are all the other handsets repricing? Coincidence?
Samsung does not come out until March of next year - they will take a lot of damage in the meantime.
By March Pixel 7 and it's massive advertising budge and network will be already waiting in the wings and clipping Samsung's thunder.
Your reply only proves my point.

Ryrynz

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2012
Examples of repricing? S22 should be out in February and will I think easily best the Pixel 6 being an actual next gen device.
Was pretty pumped for the 6 but it seems a bit flawed.. Might take a look at it again next year after a couple of feature drops and
see if it's any good then but I'm pretty unimpressed as it stands.

They need to do more to the 7 than just make a new chip they need to give this a proper polish, lots of software work required.
Watch Mr Whosetheboss's camera review and Booredatwork gaming review.

Was really expecting more from the GPU but my 4XL is about the same performance and looks like they haven't improved the thermals and throttling either.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS