Review Google Pixel 6 hands-on review: A new Pixel is born

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2021
Can we get links to the full-size sample images? I heard that there was an embargo on full-size images until today's release date of the 28th.

Nov 3, 2021
Here's everything we know so far about the Google Pixel 6, highlighted by its new Tensor processor. But the phone also features camera improvements and a striking new design.

Google Pixel 6 hands-on review: A new Pixel is born : Read more
I enjoyed the review. But I disagree on your interpretation of the photos. As someone who teaches photography, I found the pixel 6
photos not as vivid but realistic. The iPhone photos look more like magazine photos. Also, I don't like spending time comparing an iPhone to an Android. I don't like iPhones OS and proprietary behavior, so it's not an option for me. It would have been interesting to see it with photos next to a Samsung s21, or a Motorola edge. The best thing I've noticed about the pixel 6 is that it has tremendous light adjustment. My eyes have a very difficult time adjusting to different lighting. For example, if I looked at my Samsung S10 at 3 a.m. I would not be able to read it in the dark for at least 5 minutes. No problem with the auto settings excetera on the pixel 6 :)

Nov 17, 2021
I enjoyed the review. But I disagree on your interpretation of the photos. As someone who teaches photography, I found the pixel 6
photos not as vivid but realistic. The iPhone photos look more like magazine photos. Also, I don't like spending time comparing an iPhone to an Android. I don't like iPhones OS and proprietary behavior, so it's not an option for me. It would have been interesting to see it with photos next to a Samsung s21, or a Motorola edge. The best thing I've noticed about the pixel 6 is that it has tremendous light adjustment. My eyes have a very difficult time adjusting to different lighting. For example, if I looked at my Samsung S10 at 3 a.m. I would not be able to read it in the dark for at least 5 minutes. No problem with the auto settings excetera on the pixel 6 :)

Fully agree with your statement above. The Pixel 6 photos are very natrual and don't add pop as the Iphone does. When I take photos I look for natrual photos not what someone thinks potos should look like

ggrussell

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Just received my Pixel 6. Granted only had a day, but can't say that I'm blown away with it or Android 12. The phone has a great image sensor but seems to be relegated to be a 'point n shoot'. The software is lacking any pro level manual settings. Even my cheaper BLU G9 Pro had better camera software for advanced photographers. All the Pixel 6 features are gimmicks that most will perhaps try out or play with , but in reality never use.

My other peeve is no SD card slot. Sorry Google but you'll never get my money for cloud storage.

Dec 13, 2021
Excellent review. Couldn't agree more. Spent time with Pixel 6Pro, I'm staying with my 13Pro, even thought I continue to be envious of Google Assistant...

Status
Not open for further replies.