News Google Pixel 7 Pro — 5 ways it could beat iPhone 14 Pro

Sep 22, 2022
No mention of the abysmal cell reception on the Pixel 6 series or the constant random software issues that come hand in hand as one of Google's unpaid hardware testers...

I've been using cell phones since the beginning. Had a couple Androids, went over to Windows Phone for a bit. (mostly to increase my gamerscore on the go) Came back to Android when I saw the end coming for Windows Phone.

I've owned a Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Pixel, Pixel 2 XL(probably my longest used phone ever), Pixel 5. As well as a bunch of other phones from Samsung, Motorola, OnePlus and even the Essential ph-1. I'm a self admitted phone fanatic. Using Android I've always gravitated back to that as Google intended it to be stock Android. I HATE all the bloat that you get (I'm looking at you Samsung specifically) from other manufacturers. I've rooted and custom ROM installed so many different devices to get rid of that junk and get closer to the stock Android feel that I can't count the hours I've spent.

To the point now. I've been using a Pixel 6 since launch last year and this may very well be my last Android phone. The terrible experience I've had with this thing over the last year with having to reset my internet connection and reboot my phone in order to be able to connect on the go was insane. Of all the devices I've EVER owned I've never had such terrible reception. My son's Pixel 6 had the exact same issue. In addition to apps randomly ceasing to function and uninstalling and clearing app data and cache obviously doing nothing to rectify the problems within the actual apps themselves.

I've distanced myself from Apple on the whole. Not that I haven't used and fixed their devices. (In fact some of my earliest memories of using tech are associated with the black and green screen of an Apple IIe) I just dislike the "lockdown" they have on their ecosystem. The prices are steep but the quality of the product they offer and the attention they put into the details are feeling more and more worth it.

Since the beginning of summer I've tried a iPhone 13 Pro (returned it because the camera quality just couldn't be justified for the price vs my Pixel 6 knowing the possibility of Apple having a new camera coming). Replaced my daughter's Android with a iPhone 11 Pro. My son sold his Pixel 6 and got a iPhone 12. And I picked up a iPhone SE 2020 for super cheap to play around with and as a spare. I'm waiting on a call to go pick up my pre ordered iPhone 14 Pro Max.

I'm ready to jump on the bandwagon and kiss the random headaches dealing with Google's hardware over the last year has caused me goodbye.

Last edited:
Reactions: Finn Eirik
Sep 23, 2022
No mention of the abysmal cell reception on the Pixel 6 series or the constant random software issues that come hand in hand as one of Google's unpaid hardware testers...

I've been using cell phones since the beginning. Had a couple Androids, went over to Windows Phone for a bit. (mostly to increase my gamerscore on the go) Came back to Android when I saw the end coming for Windows Phone.

I've owned a Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Pixel, Pixel 2 XL(probably my longest used phone ever), Pixel 5. As well as a bunch of other phones from Samsung, Motorola, OnePlus and even the Essential ph-1. I'm a self admitted phone fanatic. Using Android I've always gravitated back to that as Google intended it to be stock Android. I HATE all the bloat that you get (I'm looking at you Samsung specifically) from other manufacturers. I've rooted and custom ROM installed so many different devices to get rid of that junk and get closer to the stock Android feel that I can't count the hours I've spent.

To the point now. I've been using a Pixel 6 since launch last year and this may very well be my last Android phone. The terrible experience I've had with this thing over the last year with having to reset my internet connection and reboot my phone in order to be able to connect on the go was insane. Of all the devices I've EVER owned I've never had such terrible reception. My son's Pixel 6 had the exact same issue. In addition to apps randomly ceasing to function and uninstalling and clearing app data and cache obviously doing nothing to rectify the problems within the actual apps themselves.

I've distanced myself from Apple on the whole. Not that I haven't used and fixed their devices. (In fact some of my earliest memories of using tech are associated with the black and green screen of an Apple IIe) I just dislike the "lockdown" they have on their ecosystem. The prices are steep but the quality of the product they offer and the attention they put into the details are feeling more and more worth it.

Since the beginning of summer I've tried a iPhone 13 Pro (returned it because the camera quality just couldn't be justified for the price vs my Pixel 6 knowing the possibility of Apple having a new camera coming). Replaced my daughter's Android with a iPhone 11 Pro. My son sold his Pixel 6 and got a iPhone 12. And I picked up a iPhone SE 2020 for super cheap to play around with and as a spare. I'm waiting on a call to go pick up my pre ordered iPhone 14 Pro Max.

I'm ready to jump on the bandwagon and kiss the random headaches dealing with Google's hardware over the last year has caused me goodbye.
@steven here's a thought: not all users experienced bad cell-phone reception. Just because it's not mentioned, doesn't mean the reviewer is in Google's pocket. I personally did not experience signal issues. It depends largely on where you live and how good the cell signal is. If the cell signal is bad in your area, it will be amplified by any issues that may be present in the Pixel 6 series' modem.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
admin Article Commentary 1
admin Article Commentary 1
admin Article Commentary 0