Google Pixel 7 Pro just fixed the biggest Pixel 6 Pro problem

Trake_17

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
I cannot understand people's heartburn with the fingerprint scanner on the Pixel 6 Pro. Truly cannot. It started off fast, and now it's lightening fast. Granted I'm one person, but I find it difficult to believe I've some kind of fluke of a super Pixel or something. You just calibrate the stinking fingerprint from multiple rotations of your finger. My scanner has only been slow if my hands happened to be wet or something. Otherwise, it's been great, but all these reviewer types poo-poo the fingerprint scanner.

I don't get it.

Oct 17, 2022
My Pixel 7's fingerprint sensor works maybe 10% of the time.

I have tried redoing my fingerprints multiple times on my Pixel 7 Pro and the accuracy is absolutely terrible compared to the Pixel 6 Pro, I often have to enter my pin because it won't scan. Entered prints once on my 6 and never had an issue.

Oct 18, 2022
It took me a few different phones to figure out how to not hate my fingerprint scan. What it basically came down to was not always the phone's fault but my own finger's fault. So I've came up with my own solution which has worked pretty much flawlessly since I figured all this out the hard way...
  1. When you first register your fingerprint on your phone, make sure your hands are clean and in a state of rest (meaning you didn't just get out of the tub, you didn't just finish eating something greasy, or working in your workshop)
  2. If you have a tendency to have very dry skin for your hands, and your phone isn't registering your preset fingerprint, just lightly breathe on the finger needed, rub together and then try the reading again. Works like a charm for me all the time.
  3. And for you hard workers out there who really use your hands a lot, you might have to re-register your fingerprint from time to time. One time I was working with drywall without gloves and by the end of the day no matter how much I tried to put my fingerprint on my phone it didn't work. So I reworked my fingerprint and didn't have a problem from that point on.

Hope this helps a few people.... Happy scrolling!