Review Google Pixel 7 Pro review: The best Pixel ever

Feb 20, 2023
I recently upgraded from the Pixel 5 to the Pixel 7 Pro. I love the phone with one BIG exception: the battery life is horrible. The article lightly touches on battery life by saying it was quantitatively awful but qualitatively it didn't seem that bad. If I read the data correctly, Tom's testing showed it getting about half the life of the latest iPhone.

I thought maybe it was just me but searching around I find others commenting on the battery as well. There is some guidance floating around that if you turn off a bunch of features, then you might get through the day without charging, but that seems to defeat the purpose of having a high-end phone. In any case, under light use, the phone lasts until late afternoon. Under heavier use, it's dead mid-day and needs a full recharge. No bueno.

I really want to love this phone, but I think I need to return it and try something else.

Einstein_Jr

Honorable
Mar 7, 2017
I just got a Pixel 7 pro. I'm still adjusting it and need to configure it to my tastes. That's Fine!
What I don't like is that it freezes too much. I've had it less than 24 hours and has frozen probably ten times with fully updated software on different apps.