News Google Pixel Watch: 5 things it needs to the beat the Apple Watch

Nov 11, 2021
Personally, I'd like Google to all but ignore the Apple Watch. IMHO, the Apple Watch ruined the smartwatch market with it's everything plus the kitchen sink approach which is a battery killer. Add to that Apple hamstringing every other device in iOS all but killed the nascent smartwatch market.

I'd love to see a model with long battery life in a reasonably sized package (< 40 mm x 10 mm) and a reasonable price. Anything less than two days is useless for sleep tracking, Getting there means keeping radios to a minimum. My phone has GPS, 5G and WiFi. so I don't need those radios in my watch., so don't make me buy them a second time. What I want my smartwatch to keep my phone in my pocket unless I need the "big" screen. The Pebble did a great job at that in 2015 in a package that quietly sat on my wrist without overwhelming it screaming "I am a smartwatch!". Basic fitness features, heart rate, step counter would be welcome in that package.

Dec 31, 2021
The only things I want in a smart watch other than the basics that they all have are an audible app and Facebook Messenger app. They are the two apps I use all the time and can't get on any android watch. Having a pixel phone I don't really want to switch to an Apple watch but I feel like it's the only option.