Review Google Pixel Watch hands-on — the Wear OS watch I've been waiting for

Oct 19, 2022
The Google Pixel Watch promises to unite the help of Google and health of Fitbit for the first smartwatch made especially for Pixel phone users. Here's our first impressions on how the Pixel Watch stacks up.

Google Pixel Watch hands-on — the Wear OS watch I've been waiting for : Read more

After 4 days of ownership of the Pixel Watch....

I'm not happy with my battery life. I turned off all the things they requested: AOD, changed the display brightness, turned off the "Sunlight Boost", turned off GPS, turned off mobile network, turned off WiFi, turned off some notifications, put screen timeout on 10 seconds, turned off "Ok Google" voice detection, & I downloaded my music instead of streaming it. I wake at 4:00am, it's 10:00am now & I'm at 62%. At this rate I might not even make it until 3pm when I get off work. Maybe they should supply another charging puck with the watch, since it won't even make it until I get home!

Honestly, I don't know what else I missed? Other than "Tilt To Wake", but I want that on. I've only done a 20 minute morning workout each day. The only thing I can think of that might be draining the battery is that I have both the Fitbit app & MyFitnessPal on my watch & both are tracking? I want the water complication from MyFitnessPal to keep my water consumption in track. Frustrated.

Any suggestions would be helpful???