Google Play May Sell Digital Movies After All

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozonic

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
many people are saying that google is getting the monopoly of everything, i say thats ok because google services are actually worth it, they are good at what they do, i bet whatever you want that if google starts streaming movies they will take netflix out of the market in not time, why? because i am sure google will offer better prices and most importan, BETTER SERVICE.

coreym72

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
If the option is there then great. HDMI on devices is slick but also being able to have bit for bit AV as the Blu-Ray master would be even better. Time for exFAT and rip my own.

G

Buying digital movies is stupid. It's going to be on Netflix or some other buffet site within a couple years and easily watchable for a small fee whenever you want. At least with Blu-Rays you get a noticeable quality increase.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]many people are saying that google is getting the monopoly of everything, i say thats ok because google services are actually worth it, they are good at what they do, i bet whatever you want that if google starts streaming movies they will take netflix out of the market in not time, why? because i am sure google will offer better prices and most importan, BETTER SERVICE.[/citation]

google has the money to get the rights to the movies, current renewal for current netflix service is what in the 2-3 billion $ range?

that said, i would love google buying out netflix and useing the netflix name

[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Buying digital movies is stupid. It's going to be on Netflix or some other buffet site within a couple years and easily watchable for a small fee whenever you want. At least with Blu-Rays you get a noticeable quality increase.[/citation]

depends on the movie

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
The search engine giant seems to have everything else set in place to tackle Apple's iTunes and maybe even Amazon itself

WITHIN THE U.S.
Elsewhere around the world we don't even have music from Google yet, C'mon put some of that money into opening the doors to the rest of us.

What's competition if you can't even get out of your front door to compete.
iTunes is even available worldwide (for the most part).

Status
Not open for further replies.