Google Puts $10 million on the Table for Good Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
it's nice to see a big company taking this initiative of really trying to improve the world by...get this... getting ideas from real people!

i have much appreciation for google, only if i invested in them all those years ago... when i was 9 >.>

but i can only imagine how much spam these guys will get from idiots, and those poor souls that have to read through each and every idea... hopefully the five finalists are FORCED to keep their word and their idea, so they don't just pocket the money

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]it's nice to see a big company taking this initiative of really trying to improve the world by...get this... getting ideas from real people![/citation]
It's kind of like an entrepreneur version of their Summer of Code, isn't it?

turbolover22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Does it specify anywhere that the person whose idea wins has to actually put the money towards the implementation of that project? Or are they looking to basically 'buy' the best idea with this money and then produce the project themselves?

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
Hopefully someone can come up with a super cheap way to do desalination or some other way to sustainably get fresh water. The big world water shortage is supposed to be coming, and that will affect EVERYONE.

G

I sent the following email to Google:

I think that your project is misleading. When you post that Google is going to fund $10M from other people’s ideas it makes it sound as though the person with the idea will be involved in the process.

However… reading this statement makes me think twice: Q: What do I get if my idea is chosen? A: You get good karma and the satisfaction of knowing that your idea might truly help a lot of people.

So that means that Google is going to take people’s ideas, some that have worked long and hard on for years, and just snatch it from them for yourselves. Something like the Hippo Roller where the company is now estimated at $140 billion.

Google, you should be ashamed of yourselves for taking other people’s ideas and claiming them as your own to do whatever you want.

G

How many companies out there would be willing to fund any idea from the average person? How many companies are actually volunteering to do so for the masses? This is a great project that EVERYONE can participate in. The time in our existence has come for all of us to start thinking about how we can change the course of our future. We should not be concerned with whose idea it is, as long as it works, right? People have lots of great ideas on how to change the fate of a few, but why not go for broke and try to submit an idea that will help everyone? Here is a site that has people talking! Check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.