Google Repeats Stunt; Brin Wears Project Glass Sunglasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I watched their various videos and demo's, and I'm entirely unenthusiastic about this. I understand that with "augmented reality" development, this could have some potential, but what they showed the invitees and public via their videos was that now you can record your extreme sports with something other than a GoPro. And that Google X Labs can stream it in real-time...

Interested to see where the technology goes, disappointed at their presentation of it.

caparc

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
This is in the same vein as a helmet camera only it will capture events in non sport situations. I carry a $38 chinese made keychain camera mounted under the visor of a dirt bike helmet. Most of what it records is not sporting activities. Under the visor it's almost never noticed. But watch what can happen if it is noticed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YE9ywcjkos

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
[citation][nom]christarp[/nom]Am I the only one that doesn't get what this even does? All I ever see are videos of it recording crap.[/citation]

It seems like you're not the only one that doesn't understand what these actually do. The augmented reality portion of it means that it can overlay digital data directly into the field of vision of the wearer. It's an android smartphone where the screen is directly drawn on your glasses.

Example, you can set your clock off to the side of your peripheral vision. Whenever you want to know the time, you just glance over to the right and there it is. Or you get in your car, your speedometer and tachometer are then wirelessly relayed to your glasses. Now you don't have to look away from the road to see how fast you're going.

Seems like people think "it just streams video" when in fact that's just one little thing that it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.