Google to Fix Android 4.2 December Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
Quick, where are all the guys that were bashing MS whenever Windows Phone has a bug! Oh wait this is Google... give them a pass, it's only December! I mean, who even needs that month? Santa can just go f himself.

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
[citation][nom]alextheblue[/nom]Quick, where are all the guys that were bashing MS whenever Windows Phone has a bug! Oh wait this is Google... give them a pass, it's only December! I mean, who even needs that month? Santa can just go f himself.[/citation]

Yeah, maybe is a generalized bias in favor of Google (and deserved in my opinion, Google XXXXing rocks), however, this bug was not that relevant anyway, and their fixes are always fast. This is more of an anecdote rather than a world-stoping issue. Chill out.

Edited out potty mouth curse word ... baby Jesus wept.

jojesa

Distinguished
[citation][nom]alextheblue[/nom]Quick, where are all the guys that were bashing MS whenever Windows Phone has a bug! Oh wait this is Google... give them a pass, it's only December! I mean, who even needs that month? Santa can just go f himself.[/citation]
You should go back and read the previous article about this issue. Blabber mouth.
It wasn't even a big deal since the data could have been entered thru Google Calendar on a computer.

bmerigan

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
[citation][nom]HDmac[/nom]What are they going to do, NOT fix it? Why is this even an article?[/citation]
That's exactly what I thought when I read the heading

G

Android is a joke. Google steals linux, and then expects their users to provide software for free via their app store, and then they wonder why all the apps are garbage. Google's own apps aren't even that great. The email app that came on my phone would crash on opening the inbox, and this was never patched or acknowledged. Only fixed MONTHS later when a new version of Android rolled out. The calendar app, again by Google, would open to random days instead of, you know, today's day. To top it off, the whole interface looks and feels goofy, like a tech demo built on Win98SE or something.

G

No y2k bug, just a schoolboy programming error - lists in java use zero positioning, so January is object 0 and not 1 (which is what was used in the 4.2 code).
Just in case you missed the original article :)

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Missing an entire month isn't a huge issue?...lmao Between the security holes, malware and glitches like this Android is on a rapid decline.[/citation]
Well, the security holes aren't an issue with Android as much as it is carrier lockdown. Ever had a rooted phone? Any app that is going to do anything significant with your phone needs your explicit permission to run, which severely hampers the effectiveness of any malware. It also grants you the ability to actually update your software that is both more featured and more secure. Linux is, and always has been about control, and Android is built on Linux. Instead of working with it, carriers and manufacturers are fighting it to force you to buy a new phone every year and breaking some things in the process. As for bugs, there is no such thing as bug-free software.

Status
Not open for further replies.