Google to Make 1Gbps Internet for Ludicrous Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
All these "experiments" are usually started in a few select big cities - usually the same over and over again - and in a few years, instead of catching on and spreading to the rest of America, in winds up in some sort of quick-buck scheme for the "innovator" (caps per usage, high fees, etc. ).
Wake me up when it's ready, boys, otherwise don't hold your breath.
I don't think that even Google has enough money to battle all the centralized monopolies that dominate the high-speed internet distribution. What are they going to do, bury the cables themselves?
This project depends too much on too many things outside Google's control.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Well if they could pull this off all of the other internet providers would sh*t their pants. It would basically make every other ISP look like a bunch of thieves (which they are I guess)

darkknight22

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
I dont know, with the way Google has been going after....everyone... lately this doesn't surprise me.

Either way, there is a credible threat that should hopefully spur some pants pooping from the other ISP execs.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
I believe Google wants to take over the entire Networking business. They wanted to control all of the Networking software and hardware, portable and non-portable. Pretty soon most of the big names networking hardware companies would be dominated by Google. By then, Microsoft would be really behind.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
It's about time. Practically every other developed nation has faster Internet connections than the USA. Boooooo USA telcos!!!

hunter315

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
wow thats more than twice as fast as what i have here at school, i think people would have a hard time saturating it, if they make it entirely FTTH they shouldnt have to worry about network capacity too much, i just hope they can deliver atleast a quarter of the promised speed, even that would be more than enough for quite a while, enough to download a full DVD in 2 minutes.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Skynet, I mean Google wants to a direct line into every household?

All joking aside I distrust Google, but it's hard to pass up the free stuff they offer.
It's like the fable of the witch fattening up the kids so they can eat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.