Google to Release Fix for Nexus One 3G Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
And I thought only ATT has 3G coverage issues.../sarcasm

Maybe Verizon will target T-Mob next?
Anyways, kudos to Google for acknowledging and addressing the problem, although it would more helpful in the future to NOT launch half-baked products...

bk420

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]doc70[/nom]And I thought only ATT has 3G coverage issues.../sarcasmMaybe Verizon will target T-Mob next?Anyways, kudos to Google for acknowledging and addressing the problem, although it would more helpful in the future to NOT launch half-baked products...[/citation]

Thanks for stating that... for all of us N1 purchasers. I'm in *LOVE* w/ Google's customer support 1 man team ---> Ravi...

G

Just another reason not to shell out 600 bucks for this thing.

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Wasn't the issue related to coverage with the same network provider where it would be fine on another cell but in the nexus? That wouldn't be related to poor coverage for a particular provider, rather an issue with the radio in the phone.

stratplaya

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2007
Word to the wise, never buy the first version of anything, even if it has the Google name on it. Let um work out the bugs first.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
It's nice to see Google fail sometimes. Probably keeps their feet on the ground and their head small enough to fit through a common doorway.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Nexus one major problem - no physical keyboard. You can yap all you want about virtual keyboards... but a real keyboard hands down beats a virtual board. Every person I know who "LOVES" there iPhone and smartphones ie Nexus and Hero swear that the virtual keyboards are as good if not even better than a physical keyboard. Interestingly all of them are hunt-and-peck typers on their phones and on their computers. For people who actually learned how to type with home row keys and used to typing 75 wpm or more... a physical keyboard is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.