Google to Unveil NFC Payments System Tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyBB

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
Google wants to gain more and more access of our personal data! Android phone's integration with Gmail account stores a lot of personal information on the phones. Google wants us to put our digital stuff on its cloud based services. All these really give me the feeling that the company may have too much access with our personal data.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
NFC means Near Field Communication, much like an RFID but more security.
Was once worked with it (on the packaging side) during its development.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]jacekring[/nom]common, it's self explanatory, NFC = Need For Cash[/citation]
Sounds like the motto of all corporations around, even don't be evil google.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Sweet, as if swiping my CCard was so hard that I needed my phone to do it for me......[/citation]

basiclly imagine putting a credit card into you wallet, and never need to take it out, just swipe it over the top of things to pay.

and its not about being lazy, in japan they have this for train passes. something used up to 6 times a day depending on the commute. instead of swiping the card endless times, buying tickets every time, you put it close to where you swipe it and there, you get your pass. over there its used for making things go faster.

over here though, im thinking the closest thing to this would be the subway.
other possible implementations would be in vending machines.

kooltime

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
""common, it's self explanatory, NFC = Need For Cash""

No No NFC = No Frigging Cash ( left for you, after we service fee you to death for using our new system )

Status
Not open for further replies.