Google Wallet Updated, But Still On One Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcherdch

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
You know, Tom's Guide, they wouldn't expand if only 1 handset would support NFC. There are more than 5 handsets coming out with NFC in a few months. Google wouldn't be investing if it wasn't expandable. Time for Apple to play catch up now...What's next from them, the "innovative" iMoney? iWallet? Don't make me laugh...

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Never heard Tom's say, for instance, "Siri is good, but only on one phone...". When it's an Apple product, it's the latest and greatest, but when it's coming from their competition, it's "extremely limited".
"Extremely limited" job, Kevin! Way to document yourself about other NFC-capable phones! That's what I call iJournalism.
NFC will catch on, not that I see myself using it anytime soon. They will take of by offering these deep discounts only by using the Wallet.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
You gotta start somewhere and Google knows NFC will be in many more phones so they are just getting ready for it. Better for them to have the software up and running so that when NFC becomes more widespread they are ready to take over :)

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
I doubt I'll use NFC. I don't really want my purchases going through my wireless carrier especially if I'm locked into a long term contract. Just doesn't bode well for me.

I'll stick to MC, Visa, Amex, and Debit.

Status
Not open for further replies.