Google Will Pay You For Tracking Your Every Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipmen

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Eh, I would rather not. At least they are willing to pay you money that they probably collect freely anyways.

etk

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
Doesn't seem scary at all to me, at least they are upfront about it unlike some other companies *cough Apple cough* I can think of...but not really worth the hassle of setting it up for 5 or 20 bucks a month. They'll prob get a lot of info on people in college and such that have the time though.

builder4

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Why not install the plugin on chrome and use firefox or another browser to actually surf the web? Is there a minimum amount of time surfing with chrome needed to get the payments?

claec

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I was all for it until I realized that its not a lump $25, its $5 to start, plus $5 every three months. Lame. My swagbucks + auto-reload extension gets me $5 for amazon every 4 days, and thats with an extension that doesn't spy on me :)

phamhlam

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
For everyone here who wants to join this program, you are better off with Microsoft Bing Reward program which gives you more money in the long run than than Google. It is also doesn't stalk your every move but looks at the links you click on in Bing.

G

Is this like how research hospitals can pay you to participate in studies but your information must remain strictly anonymous? Is this like how the scientists must educate research subjects about how their information will be used and what their information means? Is this like how the scientists can develop patents using your information and not give you a cut of the profits?
nope.
nope.
and nope.

bbz

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012
Is it good enough for them if I instal this plug-in on a VM? And then I'll connect to it for like 1 minute, once a week to browse some CNN, BBC and similar stuff :)

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
$5 for 3 months of data.

Fucking Ha Ha.

I would consider selling out for £10-15 a month, which would net me something worthy in return.

Wonder how successful this would be, selling all the data google wants for a palty $1.50 a month. You'd get paid more to fill out 1 survey, giving anonymous, small and focused data, instead of everything (daily habits, buying habits, interests, work related activities, banking)

trih

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
The sums are parenthetically low! I would want atleast us$150/months for this and I'm quite doubtful anyone would be willing to pay that money to see how i use msdn :)

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]A lot of people comments on this as if they were forced to install the damned plug-in. Don't like it, don't install it, easy as that.[/citation]

Well that's what people are saying...that they don't like. God forbid someone start a discussion on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.