Google's Big Chrome Reveal Event Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]bobusboy[/nom]I'll stick with a version of linux which isn't owned by one company.[/citation]
and doesn't steal your personal info

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I will try this OS out, but i'm not very confident with my security seeing as it's Google.
I'm willing to give this one last shot though, if they mess up and "accidentally" release everyones data, they'll put a massive dent into their market.

G

5 Spam posts in a row, you have got to be kidding me!! Toms get a grip on the problem already!!!

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
I like using the Chrome browser but a Chrome OS is really going to be a tough sale IMHO. They have to prove right out of the box that there will be a seamless transition from Windows to Chrome, which is possible but I doubt probable. You really cant beat MS's 25yrs of R&D.

youngpeter

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
We've been using Google Apps For Education for 6 months now, not without it's up's and down's. Nothing's perfect. You really need to put your trust (100%) in Grandpa Google before you can use all of this stuff and not worry 100% of the time. The OS will be good, Google is smart, we'll have to watch how they do in the long run.

G

why is everyone so paranoid about google stealing personal information? its obvious they aren't stealing anything like bank account numbers, so what is there to lose? so much of your information is publicly avaliable online anyway why worry about google knowing how many times you opened and closed their browser in a week or similar information...
I just don't understand. Do you think google is going to steal your social security number and get a billion driver's licenses with it or something?
The worst that could happen is something like gmail where ads are generated based on common words found in messages, i.e. i get spam from the razer that makes mice so I get gillette ads all the time. Its not information I, or anyone else, really cares about losing, and since I (like nearly all internet users I'd assume) just ignore online advertising anyway, who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.