Google's Cloud-based Music App Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
All this Cloud business does not mesh well with the limited bandwidth and airtime expenses of mobile devices. When we get to the point of having flat rates for airtime maybe it will be viable, but for now it seems ridiculous to spend money on extra airtime just to access files you already own. I want my music on my own hardware, where I don't have to worry about whether or not I can access it, or whether it might put me over a bandwidth cap to do so.

xyriin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
Despite the current mobile data market there is still great potential for cloud services. If all your music is stored online it can be accessed anywhere. If you don't want to stream you can still update your local mobile library anytime you're on a wifi connection. It really is a win/win scenario for cloud music.

G

@Thunderfox

glad i have sprint... maybe you should leave the company if you want unlimited data and they do not offer it.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
[citation][nom]xyriin[/nom]Despite the current mobile data market there is still great potential for cloud services. If all your music is stored online it can be accessed anywhere. If you don't want to stream you can still update your local mobile library anytime you're on a wifi connection. It really is a win/win scenario for cloud music.[/citation]

^^ word. if nothing else, this is a backup of your library. as long as it isn't DRM'd unreasonably and local files (cd ripped / downloaded files) can be synched...I think it is a really good option!

obviously, people should back up. realistically, many do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.