Google's Music Store Will Be in Android Market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Google copying Apple again, only this time it is stealing itunes and not the OS.[/citation]
Trollalalalalalala.......

snipeye

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
@Getreal So you're saying only Apple's iTunes is allowed to sell digital music and videos to consumers, and no one else? What if Google came up with the design of their music store to be reminiscent to Microsoft's Zune Market? Are you going to cry about that too?

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]snipeye[/nom]@Getreal So you're saying only Apple's iTunes is allowed to sell digital music and videos to consumers, and no one else? What if Google came up with the design of their music store to be reminiscent to Microsoft's Zune Market? Are you going to cry about that too?[/citation]

Not at all, I am just calling a spade a spade! You're welcome to get bent out of shape over insignificant things like smartphones if you want, though.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Google copying Apple again, only this time it is stealing itunes and not the OS.[/citation]

Right, because Apple is the only online music store in the world, there's no such thing as eMusic or Amazon MP3, and there's certainly no such thing as cloud storage outside Apple's servers, such as Amazon, Microsoft, RIM, or any cloud-based backup company. And don't even get me started on TV/Movies, companies like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Samsung, HTC, and every major network television station don't have accompanying streaming/purchasing options for TV and Movies. Apple is the only one, and they own it all.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Just takes one guy to call android out on something to get a flame war started.

But technically that first poster is correct, android IS copying itunes to a certain degree, but then thats how healthy competition starts.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
I'll agree, Android is taking the same integration Apple has and they are technically copying tried and true music distribution methods, but that doesn't mean it is "stealing iTunes." just like Amazon isn't "stealing iTunes" either, it's just providing the same basic services. It's called competition, and it is good for the consumer as it drives down prices/drives up features. It's like Netflix streaming vs Hulu, neither is "stealing" the other's software, they are just competing with the same basic services i.e. each has their strengths and weaknesses, and each is slightly different.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Not at all, I am just calling a spade a spade! You're welcome to get bent out of shape over insignificant things like smartphones if you want, though.[/citation]

And don't forget Apple is not impervious to the concept of stealing either, Apple has done plenty of that, as have every other successful company out there. It's gotten to the point where you can't have a successful business without copying something else to a degree. Apple succeeds at taking existing innovations and improving them for the general consumer. They were not the first to cloud storage, tablets, smartphones, mp3 players, computers, GUIs, etc, but they did have influence in creating a market for them and pushing adoption of said technologies.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]Goldengoose[/nom]Just takes one guy to call android out on something to get a flame war started.But technically that first poster is correct, android IS copying itunes to a certain degree, but then thats how healthy competition starts.[/citation]

Correct statement. We are in a recession, so Google has been very successful by providing an inferior good for the consumer. Its customers don't seem to mind that their phones are outdated and orphaned in one year tops. This doesn't need to be as good as iTunes, nor does anyone expect it to be, much like people don't expect a car port to be as nice as a garage.

At the end of the day, if they both protect your car from the elements, they both have done their job regardless if one did it better. If this new service can fill that car port niche, it will do just fine.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Correct statement. We are in a recession, so Google has been very successful by providing an inferior good for the consumer. Its customers don't seem to mind that their phones are outdated and orphaned in one year tops. This doesn't need to be as good as iTunes, nor does anyone expect it to be, much like people don't expect a car port to be as nice as a garage. At the end of the day, if they both protect your car from the elements, they both have done their job regardless if one did it better. If this new service can fill that car port niche, it will do just fine.[/citation]

The statement that phones are outdated in one year tops is false, that would be about average, not maximum. And the same applies to all phones iPhone 4 didn't get Siri, last year the 3GS had horrible support for iOS 4, until it was patched, etc. It's the nature of the mobile computing market. I'm sure there's nothing some people would like more than for it to slow down, and it will eventually.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]drapacioli[/nom]The statement that phones are outdated in one year tops is false, that would be about average, not maximum. And the same applies to all phones iPhone 4 didn't get Siri, last year the 3GS had horrible support for iOS 4, until it was patched, etc. It's the nature of the mobile computing market. I'm sure there's nothing some people would like more than for it to slow down, and it will eventually.[/citation]

True, no Siri, but it still had everything else. That's my main beef with Android (orphaning products) and something I would like to see fixed in an Apple competitor.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Not at all, I am just calling a spade a spade! You're welcome to get bent out of shape over insignificant things like smartphones if you want, though.[/citation]

apple coppyed napster. the only difference is they charge for music.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]apple coppyed napster. the only difference is they charge for music.[/citation]
Apple copied a lot of companies, there were quite a few pay for music services out before iTunes.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Coming soon: antitrust for bundling a whole bunch of services into one.

No really, this can be a real threat for Google if they keep going down this road.

stingray71

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Can't wait. Something tells me this will be much easier and friendlier than iTunes. Currently buying my music from Amazon then transferring it over to Google Music Beta.

jdwii

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Correct statement. We are in a recession, so Google has been very successful by providing an inferior good for the consumer. Its customers don't seem to mind that their phones are outdated and orphaned in one year tops. This doesn't need to be as good as iTunes, nor does anyone expect it to be, much like people don't expect a car port to be as nice as a garage.

Itunes is the worst software ever. i hate it and its slow.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]drapacioli[/nom]The statement that phones are outdated in one year tops is false, that would be about average, not maximum. And the same applies to all phones iPhone 4 didn't get Siri, last year the 3GS had horrible support for iOS 4, until it was patched, etc. It's the nature of the mobile computing market. I'm sure there's nothing some people would like more than for it to slow down, and it will eventually.[/citation]

The 3GS was at least pached, to work on iOS4, and continued to receive updates over 2 years after its first release.

The Nexus One, on the other hand, didn't even make it to 2 years of support. People buying the phone 7 months ago on a 24 month contract are now royally screwed by not being able to upgrade their phone.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007

And to mention Siri is pretty irrelevant too, since no Android phone has Siri. The rest of the update was supported on the iPhone 4, and even the older 3GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.