Got a brand new Lenovo Ideapad Y-700, have some questions on charging.

Sen Chris Port 049

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
I mainly use the laptop for gaming, so, to get its maximum potential, I have to keep the power setting to High Performance and keep the charger plugged in. I heard that it's bad to keep charging a laptop when it's 100%, but as soon as I unplug the charger, the performance of the laptop really drops. Games running 60fps will go down to 30fps even on the medium settings. Is there anyway to keep the performance while unplugged or is there any other way?

Solution
If you have no restrictions to play games with the adapter, so, use the adapter to play games. And yes, you can play games when the battery is fully charged with the adapter connected, the charging circuit will simply monitor the percentage of the charge.

Sen Chris Port 049

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016

Heya! I do have the high performance setting, and I have it always on when gaming. But, it still has decreased performance when charger is unplugged. For your second point, does that mean it's okay not to unplug it when playing game even if full?

If you have no restrictions to play games with the adapter, so, use the adapter to play games. And yes, you can play games when the battery is fully charged with the adapter connected, the charging circuit will simply monitor the percentage of the charge.

Solution

Sen Chris Port 049

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer!