got deleted for 'necro posting'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourpucker

Honorable
Aug 31, 2016
the forum manager left the thread open, and hadn't even bothered to answer the question of the user just redirected. So I gave a concise answer and got gatekept. Bad to see that gatekeeping is still alive and well online. So much for revolutionizing an industry!
Necro posting? Hello ... isn't the beauty of a forum supposed to be that users can contribute help at any time? Excuse me lol. I did a better answer than the other person anyway and got deleted because stagnation of progress is the flavor of the decade

Why even make new forums for off-topic stuff if you don't let people contribute or post? So confusing.

bignastyid

Splendid
"Check the date of the last post in a thread before replying. If the most recent post is more than 3 months old, create a new thread. You can link to the previous thread as reference, but we want to avoid “necro” posts that attempt to resuscitate old threads."

sourpucker

Honorable
Aug 31, 2016
I can see that you're holding this post hostage before being displayed publicly. Again, why? Do you want users to bother with your forums and have discussions or not? Is that going to happen every time I try to contribute now? You sure know how to drive talent and passion away.
The post I replied to was from Feb 4 thus not necro by your own definition.

bignastyid

Splendid
The post that was deleted was from 2022, and had been dead for more than 3 months. Your post in the February thread was not deleted.

The post was automatically sent to the approval queue by the forum software, likely due to the edit.

sourpucker

Honorable
Aug 31, 2016
Gotcha. Sorry for coming off like an a-- I was up all night on day 3 of sifting thru event logs for literally the worst mitm persistent virus living on my pc and mapping my contents and controlling drivers, which had been going on for about 3 months. At first I thought it was a coin miner just leeching my gpu and it was complex, rooting into my native winos files. But my machine was still functional so I left it off for a bit, it would just pulse the gpu up to about 10% now and then. I knew what was happening but sort of just zoned out.

But then I figured out it was doing a lot more than that and I was obsessed for the past 72 hours with rooting it out. I came here to look something up and decided to login to decompress, I came in a little spicy.

I am trying to transition away from social media since twitter has gone insane and find other ways of online comms. I'm just learning forum etiquette which I've always found somewhat constricting and resocializing myself after the assault on my brain that is modern social media and learn to be a person again. Thanks for not being reactive like me!

p.s. will edits always result in pending mod approval status?
pps looking at your user flair and then looking at mine, did I just not log in at all during that 4th year so I didn't get the IV? Kind of a bummer if so it's the only one I'm missing..

cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.