Got ripped off used the law to my advantage and was still ripped off

chuffingknutt

Estimable
Aug 29, 2015
I'm a qualified IT tech low grade admittedly but I know my stuff but tv's is for professionals and home hobbyists. An LED tv less than 2 years old still covered by the sale of goods act that it should last a reasonable amount of time, less than 2 years isn't a reasonable amount of time. Samsung could neither admit nor deny there was a problem with that specific model the ue32f5000, I phoned them first then the retailer, my issues with the vendor not the manufacturer.

pillar to post and back again i insisted on the sale of goods act before they agreed to an uplift and direct replacement, oh wait chose another model that ones been taken off the shelves so I took an hitachi for the same price, everything agreed everything supposedly recorded for 'training purposes' meaning a customer making threats. Great easy enough we're all friends again. They went behind my back to my wife on the day of delivery and told her they can't replace it without an independent report first.

I've 3 options use the law, citizens advice or try and fix it myself. I haven't got the money for a report or small claims court even though samsung more or less admitted when pushed they may have had complaints about that range of models due to cheap components. Should I save myself time and bother by trying to fix it myself? I don't know what kind of amperage or voltage goes through an LED tv. I know it's for the experts and serious hobbyists but I'm up the creek with a £250 paperweight, is there another option anyone may know off?

Solution
I'm guessing you're in the UK.

EU law (I can't remember the exact reference offhand) forces manufacturers to provide a 2-year warranty on consumer electronics devices, even if they claim that it only has a 1-year warranty.

The Consumers' Association ("Which?" magazine, etc.) might be able to help.

Stephen

molletts

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
I'm guessing you're in the UK.

EU law (I can't remember the exact reference offhand) forces manufacturers to provide a 2-year warranty on consumer electronics devices, even if they claim that it only has a 1-year warranty.

The Consumers' Association ("Which?" magazine, etc.) might be able to help.

Stephen

Solution