Gov. Wants Answers for Facebook App Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

You can get a users ID number out of the URL. What am I missing?

rpgplayer

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
as a side note. if you put private information on any part of the internet you can expect it to be unsecure. only an idiot would be surprised when a web page containing their personal information got cracked/tracked and outsourced to a third party.

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
"it's funny when companies do this it's breach of privacy, but when the government does stuff like this it's national security."

My thoughts exactly!

dwayne4567

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
I think this is actually a very serious matter and it is very good that the government is looking into it. For far too long, Facebook has been comprising on the security and privacy of its users. This cannot go on for much longer. Eventually facebook will have to do something about its privacy issues otherwise people will shift to much safer sites like MyCube which offer complete control over security

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I'm so sick and tired of the government constantly sticking their noses in where it doesn't belong. It used to be that they wouldn't get involved unless something particularly egregious happened. Now you've got a couple of idiot members of the Congress sending letters to a PRIVATELY held company, regarding a service that they provide which they do not charge for and which is completely voluntary and optional with regard to who participates and how much information they provide.

If I were Zuckerberg, I would be hard pressed not to respond to their "request" with a two-word response: PISS OFF!

Status
Not open for further replies.