GPU Lag Spikes, Screen Goes Black for 2 Seconds & Returns to Normal

bdannyxs

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
Hello,

I've recently purchased a Lenovo Y700 15.6" laptop that was easy to update drivers and get it going. I play a game named Vindictus occasionally, and basically is very playable, until it decides to start lag spiking. When I first downloaded the game and played, it had no issues playing on normal to high settings. Now, even on the lowest settings, it experiences these weird blackout spikes literally every 20-30 seconds, depending on the CPU usage level. Also noteworthy to know, there are no other background processes going on besides Vindictus running on lowest settings.

After completely updating all drivers, problem still occurring and I looked up to see if it might be a Win 10 issue from the game, but the problem happens with Counter Strike: Source as well.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Please do try doing a clean install of the graphics card driver that may do the trick.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot, do also make sure to set Nvidia as the default GPU.
- Here's how: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/~/how-do-i-customize-optimus-profiles-and-settings%3F