rinkucf

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
I have a dell inspirion 3567 laptop with intel i5 7th gen 4gb ram 2gb amd radeon r7 m445 gpu also on board graphics intel hd 620 with 1 tb hdd. win 10 is installed on this laptop and in the device management >display adaptors > both intel hd and amd m445 shows as the device is working but games still lags and in GPU z software amd m445 gpu load and fan speed is 0 . pc is too laggy on bootup with normal tasks . any solutions plz

Solution
Here is the answer to your question: Link >> https://www.dell.com/community/General/How-to-change-AMD-R7-M445-videocard-as-default-instead-of/td-p/5130842

RE: How to change AMD R7 M445 videocard as default instead of intergrated Intel HD graphics
I thought that the AMD GPU would kick in automatically when needed. From AMD, "Switchable Graphics technology engages discrete graphics only when it is needed for 3D applications, and uses energy-efficient integrated graphics capabilities the rest of the time.

This answer points to the same link mentioned by ZRace above (which requires some log in credentials and is not accessible) but found a work around and AMD article about Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System...

R0GG

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
- Are there any options in Bios or in windows to select default Graphics (switching to discrete graphics m445)?, or even combine to two graphics for more processing power ( probably under windows through a software)?
- Although most modern systems have adaptive performance but I would have laptop plugged in to AC adapter and make sure to have high performance power plan selected.

R0GG

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Here is the answer to your question: Link >> https://www.dell.com/community/General/How-to-change-AMD-R7-M445-videocard-as-default-instead-of/td-p/5130842

RE: How to change AMD R7 M445 videocard as default instead of intergrated Intel HD graphics
I thought that the AMD GPU would kick in automatically when needed. From AMD, "Switchable Graphics technology engages discrete graphics only when it is needed for 3D applications, and uses energy-efficient integrated graphics capabilities the rest of the time.

This answer points to the same link mentioned by ZRace above (which requires some log in credentials and is not accessible) but found a work around and AMD article about Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System : link >> https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-017.aspx << which basically is a tutorial showing detailed steps on how using AMD crimson software allows to assign some applications ( only the ones not locked by the system onto the integrated GPU) to work with the discrete graphic in your case R7 445, it' s pretty straight forward.

Solution

ZRace

Prominent
May 12, 2017

This is very strange. I'm pretty sure I could access it without logging in yesterday (as I don't have an account on AMD's site anyway), but now it asks me for them... I am confused :??:

R0GG

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

I know ZRace: the website you referred to asks for log in :??:, but the article I mentioned link above has a good tutorial