Question GPUs' drivers cause random black screen of death?

Aug 23, 2021
My Acer laptop I bought in March 2020 required fans replacement and Acer did it under warranty. Everything was fine except some software they installed with their version of Win10 and to get rid of it I had to do clean Windows installation. So I did, but during installation black screen occurred - screen went black but still shining and computer was still on, though I didn't hear it working (it sounded like turned on but idle). I decided to wait a while hoping the problem will solve itself, but it didn't. I decided to turn it off, after that laptop fell into boot loop and I had to use bootable pendrive to finally install OS. But sadly aforementioned BSoD started occurring randomly, a couple times a day. Laptop is not responsive , there's no cursor, I can't do anything but turn it off manually. After trying various solutions I found on the Internet I realized BSoD doesn't happen when Intel GPU driver is uninstalled or Nvidia GPU is turned off. I tried reinstalling, uninstalling, installing older drivers of both, I did two clean installations of Windows, I even tried Win11 - none of those solved the issue. Do you have any ideas what to do about it?

Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-55NX

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H 2.30GHz
RAM 8,00 GB
64-bit OS, x64 CPU

Windows 10 Home 21H1
OS Build: 19043.1165

Intel UHS Graphics 630
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti

SSD M.2 256 GB
HDD SATA 1000 GB

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Laptop Tech Support 1