Grab That Screen with SnagIt 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter - Snagit Guide

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
Great overview Tony.

You are definitely on the spot about explaining technology. For me it's a great project tool, demonstrating what needs to be done instead of trying to put it into words.

HazardousSmoker

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
But is it worth $49.95? I suppose if you have a specific need for it and use it often. However, for the everyday user I don't see how the cost is justifiable.

f_donald

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
I have been using TechSmith SnagIt for many years and the program features, integration with third party applications and support are worth the price of the software for those in need of such an application. In contrast, I am VERY disappointed with the 9.0 interface. I do not see the need to replicate the Microsoft ribbon bar for the sake of doing so and/or at the cost of more intuitive workflow. Jing, which is also by TechSmith, is very good but does not match the features of SnagIt.

G

I have been using this product for almost 2 years and love it. Working for a multinational company, it has really improved my ability to communicate. The speed at which I can take a screenprint, and then add commentary has greatly increased productivity.

G

I have also been using Snag-It for a couple of years, and it is indispensible! Yes, Jing - one of their free products - is also wonderful, but Snag-It has tons more features. Worth every penny, and more.

hherbzilla

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
@xxsk8er101xx - Jing and SnagIt are both from the same company. Jing is great, especially for freeware, but it certainly isn't "so much better." It has a much more scaled down feature list.

SnagIt is definitely one of my all-time favorite apps and is a tool I use on virtually a daily basis. Definitely worth the purchase price.

G

I have been using SnagIt since last century and am totally reliant on it. Yes I did find the new navigation in version 9 a major step back and perhaps techsmith should offer a classic front end for their existing customer base.
For anyone in Real estate this product is a winner. I just love the ability to highlight photos and PDF documents and add labels and arrows. I use the editor more than photoshop. Not bad for less than $50.00....... a lot less if you upgrade.

Lonnie

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
Like most others that commented here, I have been using Snag it and several other Tech smith products for several years. I personally like the new interface, I am able to move much quicker and when I am dealing with 10 or 20 captures at a time it really works well. I also use Jing everyday and the sharing abilities are wonderful, but it does not replace Snag it (yet). BTW Tom this is the first review I have read of yours and I learned something I did not know, so to those that have made negative comments I will counter that this was an spectacular review.

G

HONK HONK HOW TO MAKE SNAG IT MY SNAGIT CAPTURED VIDEO IMPROVE AS IT BREAKS UP IT WAS OK TILL RESTORED PC it is a wonderful program for the age

Status
Not open for further replies.